Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App crashing

@CrimpOn wrote:

In almost five years, I have never seen a post by any person claiming to be a Netgear support or engineering employee. 

There are certainly people in this community who are "Netgear support". (I've been here since 2009.) You can tell by looking at the name tags of the posters. Look for the "N" logo by the name. There's also probably some sort of "Moderator" label by the name

There are not, though, engineering employees that I can discern. (The DumaOS people in the gaming routers zone may be an honorable exception.) It is down to the Netgear moderators to act as go betweens, passing on issues to engineering that they think need further attention.

@CrimpOn wrote:

My own solution to "the app doesn't work" would be, "Quit using the stupid app. Use the web browser interface."

Not a lot of use of you want to user Anywhere Access, something that I do on an almost daily basis..

Message 51 of 62
Lkoster
Aspirant

Did you have to re-set up your router all over again or did it find it?
Message 52 of 62
Lkoster
Aspirant

Crashes on my iPhone too.
Message 53 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Same here. I remain confused about messages #44 and #45.

#44: "Factory Reseting my phone is the solution." <User did post this.

#45: "This is not a fix. "

Did the Orbi app work after resetting the phone or not? 

We know that resetting a mobile device should not be needed. 

Users need to contact NG support if they are having problems with Orbi app crashing. After donig troubleshooting here in the forums with forum information, doesn't NOT resolve the issue, then forum help can't do anymore. Please make contact with NG support and let them know what is happening.

Have a nice day. 

Message 54 of 62
CrimpOn
Guru

I'm sorry to have made such a mess of this topic. (counting toward my quota of five mistakes per day).  Here's what I see so far:

• On the iPhone and some Android phones, the Orbi app crashes when accessing the RBR750. (but not on all Android phones)
  • Removing and reinstalling the Orbi app does not fix the problem.
  • Without the Orbi app, it is impossible to use Anywhere Access or Parental Controls on the Orbi.
  • There are some people on the forum who clearly have a relationship with Netgear because of their 'capital N'.  Since they almost never participate in discussions, I still  view this as "no Netgear support on the forum" in the sense that other manufacturers offer.
  • This should not be happening.
  • Making the customer fix the problem by resetting a cell phone should not be expected.

Because of my OCD, I'd still like to know if resetting the cell phone made the Orbi app work or did not (messages #44 and #45).  If it DID get the app to work, then users have a clear choice: 'work around' Netgear's failings and be able to use Anywhere Access and Parental Controls.... or turn blue in the face waiting for Netgear to release new firmware.  If (as I suspect) a factory reset did not resolve the Orbi app issue, then there is no 'workaround'.

(Or, as I also suspect, no one has actually done a factory reset on their cell phone and thus the topic is entirely conjecture.)

Message 55 of 62
MrSqueakers
Guide

That would be a perfect summary of this entire thread.
Message 56 of 62
MrSqueakers
Guide

Not sure when it installed, but I have not had any crashes since the latest update. How I can tell something changed is that there is now a small info message in the app that says connecting to router that appears when the app would typically freeze and crash. I hope it continues to work as reliably as it has been the past couple days.
App version is now 2.11.5.1716
Message 57 of 62
CrimpOn
Guru

Even this new version has "issues". On seeing your post, I started up the Orbi app on an Android tablet. (version 2.11.5.1716) Connected just fine, showed that I have 39 devices on line, and THEN decided I needed to log on. Same tired old thing about showing "admin" and a Netgear login I haven't used in a year.  I put in my correct Netgear community login/password,and "it works."

Seems like every time the app updates, it loses the login credentials.  It gives me practice entering my Netgear login. Wish now I had not made it so "secure" (long and complicated).

Thanks for noticing that the app updated.  Please post if you notice anything "amiss".

Message 58 of 62
CrimpOn
Guru

Well, that was fast. Android Version 2.12.0.1770 is out today.  The app was working for me before these last two updates, and I have noticed nothing strange.  As usual, the release notes provide no useful information.

Message 59 of 62
Singh_Sg
Aspirant

I have Samsung S21 Android 12...rwportrd this issue of app crashing 10 days back, still no reply or resolution from Netgear.
Message 60 of 62
Deco-S4
Aspirant

TP-Link Deco model S4 work just as good if not better then Orbi for half the price. Their app doesn't crash for months on end with no fix or update to app. Check them out on Amazon. Highly rated.
Message 61 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

I haven't seen orbi app crash connected to either my Orbi AC or Orbi AX systems on both Apple and Android devices. 

Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7