Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App issue

jerrodbug
Aspirant

Orbi App issue

My orbi app sometimes wont open past the blue Orbi screen that says "better wifi. Everywhere."  I have cleared cache, reinstalled the app multiple times, and contacted support with no resolution.  This happens if im at home connected to the wifi, and it also does this if i try and connect remotely (which i do have enabled).  Now occasionally i have gotten it to work by opening and closing the app repeatedly, and eventually it will continue past the first page, but not often.  

Its not necessarily a huge issue, as i know i can access settings from a web browser, but half the point of this thing is that it is supposed to be accessible from the app.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post about this here in the Orb app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Try a app remove, reboot device then reinstall. 

Message 2 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jerrodbug

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

May I please know the current firmware version? 

Please describe your network setup. 

What is the Orbi app version? Is this Android or iOS? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 9
jdlewis9468
Aspirant

I am having the same issue trying to use the app version v2.3.5.292 on Galaxy S7.  

Message 4 of 9
jerrodbug
Aspirant

the app says version v2.3.6.617 on the main screen.  I updated the firmware to whatever the newest version was, but im not able to check currently.  

I have a basic network setup.  Modem then Orbi, with one orbi satellite.  One dumb switch, and about 20 devices connected wired and wirelessly.  

Message 5 of 9
jdlewis9468
Aspirant

Updated app and it doesn't work with V2.3.6.617 either

Message 6 of 9
jdlewis9468
Aspirant

I am having the same issue trying to use the app version v2.3.5.292 on Galaxy S7.  

Message 7 of 9
Dinglayne
Aspirant

Having the same issues. RBR50 firmware V2.3.1.60 on Samsung Note 9 Orbi app version 2.3.7.622. I did try the uninstall/reinstall but still doesn't recognize my Admin password. Confirmed the password is correct using orbilogin.com. This is a new occurrence. Before the last couple of days, I logged in from the app no issuse.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 9
Dinglayne
Aspirant

So, if I turn off WiFi on my Note 9 and restart the app, it allows me to login remotely with no issues. What the heck???

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7