Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App loses configuration of second home Orbi system

JPSantelli
Follower

Orbi App loses configuration of second home Orbi system

My RBR850 system (router +2 satellites) has been working since installation a year ago. The Orbi App had no trouble connecting to the system. This winter I installed another RBR850 system in another home. After installation the Orbi app correctly detected the new system and was able to connect. I am now back in the home with the first installation and the Orbi app seems "stuck" on the second installation. It does not detect the old RBR850 and when queried reports the serial number of the second home installation. How do I get the App to keep the two systems intact and allow me to switch between them.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JPSantelli,

I understand that you have two different mesh systems you would like to be connected to your Orbi app. Both systems are connected to your Orbi app. However, there are times in which you may have to manually select the system that you are trying to connect to in the Orbi app.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

• Navigate to Orbi app
  • From the home page
  • Select the Cloud icon on the upper left.
  • Then select the second cloud icon on the upper left above the settings option.
  • Now select the desired RBR850

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch with a ethernet connected PC with the RBR and press the reset button for 20 seconds then release. Navigate to http and 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Message 2 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JPSantelli,

I understand that you have two different mesh systems you would like to be connected to your Orbi app. Both systems are connected to your Orbi app. However, there are times in which you may have to manually select the system that you are trying to connect to in the Orbi app.

Please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

• Navigate to Orbi app
  • From the home page
  • Select the Cloud icon on the upper left.
  • Then select the second cloud icon on the upper left above the settings option.
  • Now select the desired RBR850

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
santelli
Tutor

Kevin -

Thank you for your suggestion. I did the factory reset and ti seems to have worked for now. I will be curious to open the Orbi app when I get back to my other house.

Jim

Message 4 of 5
santelli
Tutor

Thank you...that worked

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation