Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi App parental controls no longer working

KBNikut
Aspirant

Orbi App parental controls no longer working

I had been using the free parental controls on the Orbi app to limit my child's time on the internet, but it is no longer working.  When I turn off certain device, the internet is still accessible on the device.  Any ideas to get it working again? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

@KBNikut wrote:

I had been using the free parental controls on the Orbi app to limit my child's time on the internet, but it is no longer working. 

Netgear turned off the free servuce a year or more ago.

Open DNS backed out of the Netgear collaboration on free parental controls some time ago.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Netgear now offers various subscriptions for parental controls.

Which products support NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What subscription plans are available for NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Other devices support Circle, another subscription service. But that too seems to be a moveable feast:

Which NETGEAR routers support Circle Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There may be  more recent stuff out there. It is hard to keep up.

What is Live Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@KBNikut wrote:

I had been using the free parental controls on the Orbi app to limit my child's time on the internet, but it is no longer working. 

Netgear turned off the free servuce a year or more ago.

Open DNS backed out of the Netgear collaboration on free parental controls some time ago.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Netgear now offers various subscriptions for parental controls.

Which products support NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What subscription plans are available for NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Other devices support Circle, another subscription service. But that too seems to be a moveable feast:

Which NETGEAR routers support Circle Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

There may be  more recent stuff out there. It is hard to keep up.

What is Live Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
KBNikut
Aspirant

That is strange because they were working up until about a month ago. I only used them to shut off the wi-fi on certain devices when needed. Thank you for your response though!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7