Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Netgear App not showing devices

ChrisUK-Orbi
Aspirant

Orbi Netgear App not showing devices

Hi all,

So My App was working fine and curently the router and satellite are working fine.

However, on my iPhone and iPad I now have no devices appear, even though every device inthe house (Mac Brook Pro, 3 iPads, 2 iPhone, 2 Sonos, 3 Amazon devices, etc.) all connect and use the Orbi network fine.

I've turned everything off and on, I've made sure the firmware and apps are up to date (always are).

Annoying becuase I want to move the Orbi satellite and want to see which devices are using the router or the satellite, to try to ensure best coverage int he house.

Any ideas as both iPhone and iPad show: Devices (0)

Makes no sense to me (and a couple of weeks ago, with same ISP (200MB fibre), and same everything else, all devices were shown).

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

A lot of your problem might be the V2.5.0.38

Many have reported issues with it. If it worked before you've got a couple options.

1. Downgrade the firmware to the version prior to this. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and reset it afterwards.

2. Wait. the orbi's get pretty frequent firmware updates. If the moving/optimizing can wait, I'm sure they'll be firmware updates coming to help with the issue. Again, many have reported issues with this firmware version. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did it ever work?

What firmware are you on?

What modem are you using? (model)

Is it only the app having the issues or if you log in via the browser are there issues as well?

Message 2 of 5
ChrisUK-Orbi
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,

Thanks for showing an interest.

Yes it used to show all the devices. Even more annoying is that often (over the last week or two) either the iPhone or iPad Orbi app don't even show the device I'm using to look at the app! Clealry the app is connected though.

Firmware version is V2.5.0.38

Modem is Virgin Media Hum 3.0 (set to modem rather than router, although interestingly it also worked fine when I lef **bleep** as a router!).

I hadn't thought of checking via the browser. Right at this moment it is worse on the browser as that says the satellite is not connected, whereas the apps say it is (and I think it is).

The browser shows only 1 connected device, which is wrong as I'm typing to you on my Mac, while checking the app on the iPhone and iPad (let alone the other household items which are connected).

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

A lot of your problem might be the V2.5.0.38

Many have reported issues with it. If it worked before you've got a couple options.

1. Downgrade the firmware to the version prior to this. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and reset it afterwards.

2. Wait. the orbi's get pretty frequent firmware updates. If the moving/optimizing can wait, I'm sure they'll be firmware updates coming to help with the issue. Again, many have reported issues with this firmware version. 

Message 4 of 5
ChrisUK-Orbi
Aspirant

Thanks Plemans,

Sorry to hear so many others are having trouble with this firmware version.

But also glad to hear it might 'just' be that Netgear need to get their coding house in oder.

I'll wait for a bit as I'd rather not downgrade and risk mucking anything (else).

Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7