Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK 853 speed test not working

Kyrunner
Initiate

RBR850

Running a new RBR850 with Gigabit fiber from fios

after setting up the new router and installing the latest firmware everything seemed to work. Once I rebooted the router I lost the ability to check my WiFi speeds from the app. I done a factory reset and after that I was able to check the speeds again but once I reboot the router for any reason you loose the ability to check the speeds from the app.

also, when I was able to check the speeds from the app I would only ge5 500 MB up and down with my gigabit connection from fios. 

anyone know of this has been reported so the firmware could  be fixed.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 31
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Kyrunner, you're not alone.  Many of us have had this problem, SpeedTest function stopped working on the app, but the fix (factory reset) wasn't know initially.  It wasn't known why the app would work, then stop working.  You seem to be having the problem right after a router reboot...then are able to fix it with a factory reset.  Honestly, I don't want to try replicating your process because I finally got the SpeedTest working...but I will remember this if I have to reboot in the future!  

I don't know if a firmware fix is in the works, but I hope so!  

Message 27 of 31
nAzeemi
Initiate

I have RBK753. I encountered the same problem. Rebooting routers and reinstalling the app on my Android phone didn't fix it. I had the latest firmware. Netgear tech support recommended manually reinstalling the firmware, but that still didn't fix it. I did a factory reset on the router and satellites, reinstalled the apps and setup the routers and satellites again in the app. After that the speed test started working.

Message 28 of 31
Jjersey63
Apprentice

Hi Christian - support gave me a link to the latest firmware - this seemed to have fixed my speed test issue

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status

RouterRBR750RBR750V3.2.16.22No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS750Orbi Satellite-1V3.2.16.6Please wait a moment...
SatelliteRBS750Orbi Satellite-2V3.2.16.6Please wait a moment...
Message 29 of 31
ViPaDawG
Tutor

Where did you get that version? It isn't published anywhere?

Message 30 of 31
Jjersey63
Apprentice

From support, my guess is there will be a mass release soon as this update did fix my speed test issue.  There was no satellite update so my guess is soon you'll be able to pull both the router and satellite updates.

jj

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7