Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50v2

Passattoy2020
Follower

Orbi RBR50v2

App was working and all of the sudden it started to ask me for logging credential but the page was already with admin and then asking for password put password don’t work changed to a new password still don’t work I have unplugged modem and router and still nothing also notices when I try to log to the actual router via web it asks me security questions which I still haven’t set up yet can someone help please
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50v2

My guess is that there is a mixup in credentials.  I would do a Factory Reset and start over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Orbi has three sets of credentials:

1. WiFi access requires a WiFi name (SSID) and password. When the Orbi is factory reset, these are the credentials printed on the product label. Most users change them to something they find more personal.
  2. The Orbi web management interface requires a user name, which MUST be "admin" and a password. When reset, the password is "password" and the user is practically forced to change it to something more secure.
  3. The Orbi "app" uses an email/password combination which is usually the same one used to access the Netgear web support site and user community forum.

An Orbi can be taken out of the box, plugged in and used without ever being configured. User the WiFi credentials on the label and plug ethernet cables into the router and "it just works."

An Orbi can be configured entirely from the web interface without ever installing or using the "app".  The web interface allows control of ALL Orbi features and capabilities, many of which are not present in the app.

An Orbi can also be configured using the "app", but there is no access to the advanced settings.

My guess is that you need to start over.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50v2

My guess is that there is a mixup in credentials.  I would do a Factory Reset and start over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Orbi has three sets of credentials:

1. WiFi access requires a WiFi name (SSID) and password. When the Orbi is factory reset, these are the credentials printed on the product label. Most users change them to something they find more personal.
  2. The Orbi web management interface requires a user name, which MUST be "admin" and a password. When reset, the password is "password" and the user is practically forced to change it to something more secure.
  3. The Orbi "app" uses an email/password combination which is usually the same one used to access the Netgear web support site and user community forum.

An Orbi can be taken out of the box, plugged in and used without ever being configured. User the WiFi credentials on the label and plug ethernet cables into the router and "it just works."

An Orbi can be configured entirely from the web interface without ever installing or using the "app".  The web interface allows control of ALL Orbi features and capabilities, many of which are not present in the app.

An Orbi can also be configured using the "app", but there is no access to the advanced settings.

My guess is that you need to start over.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7