Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 won't show any satellites

Chiefs_Fan
Guide

Orbi RBR750 won't show any satellites

I know there are other posts regarding this issue but I have not seen any official resolutions from Netgear. I hope someone can explain the issue and provide an official solution to this issue that is not our fault.

I have an Orbi RBR750 with a couple of satellites that had been working perfectly fine for over a year now. I had been noticing WiFi issues for the past few weeks. Finally, I looked up the Obri app and noticed that all the devices were connected to the main router and the satellites showed offline. I tried restarting everything multiple time. I even went through the process of factory reset on all the devices and setup everything all over again but unfortunately nothing seems to help. Now the satellites don't even show up at all in the map.

I understand that the warranty is only for a year but you are responsible for your firmware upgrades and ensure reliable products and services to your customers.

Thank you!

Message 2 of 21

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 won't show any satellites

Wow, thats several revs back. No wonder. 

Ya if you can get to this RBS web page to upload v.2 FW from here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Load this version first on this RBS, Then do same on the other RBS, then update the RBR lastly. Once you update the RBR lastly, Power OFF the RBS and RBR for 1 minute then back ON with the RBR first, then RBS one at a time, they should connect. If not, you may need to factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 21

All Replies
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

Were you able to resolve this? I have the exact same issue and the weird thing is that it all started after the Armor trial expired.

I have tried factory resetting everything multiple times, but nothing seems to help. All the devices are trying to connect directly to the main router and the satellites down't even show up in the network diagram. I am very frustrated and not sure what to make out of this.

Message 1 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge or FireFox?

Message 3 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

Firmware Version V4.6.5.14_2.0.54
AT&T ARRIS BGW210

I have tried all the browsers including your app on iPhone.
Message 4 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you update to v.2 on the RBS first, then RBR lastly. After all is updated. Power OFF for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem, RBR then RBS. 

FYI, Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Message 5 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

How do I update RBS? I can't even see those.

Message 6 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

They should be seen on the RBRs web page in a web browser. Use the IP address seen there for the RBS and use that in a web browser, log in to the RBS web page then send the FW update file there. Use a wired PC or laptop for this. 

Message 7 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

The oldest Firmware available on your site for RBR750 is 3.2.10.10. Where can I get v2.0?

Message 8 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Wow, thats several revs back. No wonder. 

Ya if you can get to this RBS web page to upload v.2 FW from here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Load this version first on this RBS, Then do same on the other RBS, then update the RBR lastly. Once you update the RBR lastly, Power OFF the RBS and RBR for 1 minute then back ON with the RBR first, then RBS one at a time, they should connect. If not, you may need to factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. 

Message 9 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

That did the trick. The satellites were already at v4.6.8.2 but for some reason the main router was stuck at V4.6.5.14. Updating all three to the latest one fixed the issue. 

Thank you for your help!

Message 10 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 11 of 21
rusty7710
Initiate

Hi everyone - I have the exact same issue that @Chiefs_Fan described in the original post. I reset my entire network, factory reset the Orbi router (RBR750, firmware V4.6.5.14_2.0.54) - I managed to get both satellites to show a blue LED indicating they are connected, but I still do not see either of the two satellites on the Orbi app (iOS) or via Attached Devices in orbilogin.com (or via the Router's IP address). How do I find the satellites (RBS) so I can update their firmware as you recommend @FURRYe38? Thanks for any help... this is driving me crazy.

Message 12 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

HI @rusty7710 

In my case, I found out that the satellites were already at 4.6.8.2 but the main router was stuck at 4.6.5.14. If you are unable to see the satellites, try updating your main router to 4.6.8.2 and see if that helps. Assuming that your satellites are already on this version, this may fix the issue.

If that still does not fix the issue, try hardwiring the satellites to your main router. The satellites will show up as connected devices. Connect to the devices on a browser using their ip addresses using the admin/password login. Then update the firmware to 4.6.8.2 on all the satellites and finally on the main router. You may need to reboot all the devices.

Hope this helps!

Message 13 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, get your RBS updated to v.2 first then update the RBR lastly to v.2 FW. 

@rusty7710 wrote:

Hi everyone - I have the exact same issue that @Chiefs_Fan described in the original post. I reset my entire network, factory reset the Orbi router (RBR750, firmware V4.6.5.14_2.0.54) - I managed to get both satellites to show a blue LED indicating they are connected, but I still do not see either of the two satellites on the Orbi app (iOS) or via Attached Devices in orbilogin.com (or via the Router's IP address). How do I find the satellites (RBS) so I can update their firmware as you recommend @FURRYe38? Thanks for any help... this is driving me crazy.

Message 14 of 21
rusty7710
Initiate

@FURRYe38 @Chiefs_Fan thank you both! Your advice worked today, and I'm now all set up. Appreciate you two!

Message 15 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 16 of 21
CMK-24
Tutor

Hey guys, I’m having a similar issue. Satellites wouldn’t show on the app and when in and noticed that the RBR had the new firmware but the RBS did not. I updated the RBS manual as explained and also re-applied the FW to the RBR afterwards. I still cannot get the satellites to show. I’ve tried powering off the router and satellites and then back on in the correct order but still no luck. Any other suggestions?
Message 17 of 21
Chiefs_Fan
Guide

If all your devices are on the same firmware, this should work. Did you try in a web browser instead of the app?

If all else fails, I guess you could try a factory reset on all the devices and try a new setup from start. Then do a manual firmware update; first on satellites and then on the main router.

Good luck!

Message 18 of 21
CMK-24
Tutor

Holy crap it worked!!! You have no idea how much time I’ve spent on this whole process. Thank you so much! Once I factory reset one of the satellites and then re-applied it to my system the other 3 automatically triggered again (since they are all running the same FW now). Thanks again!
Message 19 of 21
Deblanco
Aspirant

Hello 

I am having the same issue, except when I try to find the RBS ip there is nothing there, also I tired hardwiring to the RBS and going in through orbilogin.com to manually update the FW but I don't show any satellites to update.  Do you have any suggestions on how to manually update the firmware of these RBS first?

thanks in advance for any help

Deblanco_1-1660536098790.png

Deblanco_0-1660535949081.png

Message 20 of 21
Deblanco
Aspirant

Just an update on this one - I was able to get the RBS ip via Orbi app, Network Map, Device Details.  Turns out my satellites had the proper firmware, just needed to update my RBR and everything is now working.  Thanks for your help on this one, glad to be back at 100%. 

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7