Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750

vichur
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750

Hi all,
Need a clarification in displaying the device name and machine in orbi system app.

we are using the 

Netgear Orbi RBR750, App Version 2.23.0.67, Firmware Version V4.6.14.3_2.3.12

used the latest : NETGEAR Orbi - WiFi System App

vichur_0-1677779997474.jpeg

let us know in what protocol the device name and machine name is being displayed in the app. because when we connect our product  name is being displayed as unknow. 

whether we need to do avahi publish on tcp or udp or in anyparticular port for the app to display.

Is it mapping the mac address to device name ? how the machine mane is being displayed? for samsung , laptop it is displaying the correct name and not for my wifi device.

i checked in the web portal using the admin login, device name is shown as empty only for my device. 

kindly clarify my doubts.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750

The Orbi system includes software that attempts to determine from the device MAC address what sort of device it is most likely to be.  This is complicated because some devices deliberately create a randomized MAC address when connecting to WiFi (depending on an option in their network settings).

The app allows customers to edit both the Device Name and the icon used to indicate type of device. Because the app communicates with the router to gather data for the display, if the customer has created Device Names in the web interface, that information will be communicated to the app for display. See page 90 of the user manual:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBK752_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7