Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50v2 - Delete multiple devices from app?

wayneh789
Follower

Orbi RBS50v2 - Delete multiple devices from app?

I set-up a guest network on my home WiFi network during a home renovation and let contractors log in to that network so they could have WiFi calling during the project. (We have no cell service.) I now have over 170 devices on my network. Some are family and neighbors I want to keep but many can be deleted. Is there a way to Shift-select or batch select a whole bunch of them to remove them?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50v2 - Delete multiple devices from app?

there isn't. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50v2 - Delete multiple devices from app?

From the app...... Ah, that's the problem.

Routers have to maintain a history of every device that was ever "Allowed" on the network just in case (one day, maybe years from now) that device reappears and the user has enabled Access Control.

The Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net) provides an easy method to eliminate a large number of devices from the history.

• Log in using "admin" and the administrative password (not the 'app' Netgear password)
  • Navigate to the Advanced Tab
  • Security Menu
  • Access Control
  • The top table lists devices currently connected.
  • Under that is a table of devices that were "Allowed" but are no longer connected.
  • Enable Access Control, click the square by every device to be deleted, click "Delete", and it's done.
  • (Personally, I find it ridiculous that the table cannot be edited without enabling Access Control, but that's just me).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7