Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Router(RBR50)

cayollc
Initiate

Orbi Router(RBR50)

I am new to orbi system but I was able to install and its working fine. The only problem is that the app always says internet - offline -and the router shows a magenta dot in the app all the time. The satellite is green so I assume its ok........so I don´t know why is saying internet offline when its working fine. Must be something to do with a wrong configuration. Can you help?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Router(RBR50)

do you have it setup in a double nat? 

What I mean is what modem do you have it connected to? Does it have an integrated router as well? 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

If so, you can either put the modem/router in passthrough/modem only mode or you can put the orbi in AP (access point) mode. 

Message 2 of 5
cayollc
Initiate

Yes i fully understnad your explabntion and thats exactly what is happening. I need to find someone to eliminated the first modem and how to do that. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You need a modem. They make modem only devices. And some modem/routers have a modem only modem or passthrough mode. 

What modem are you using?

Or you can just put the orbi in ap mode. It does disable some features of the orbi but wifi/ethernet will all still work. It leaves the modem/router functions all intact on the modem. 

Message 4 of 5
porschev968
Aspirant

I am having similar problem... app is showing the one Satellite as purple (magenta) with devices connected in the network map.  However, the actual satellite is working with no puprle light and all connected devices are working perfectly.  I am running in AP mode behind Verizon router.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7