Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Speed test discepancies

Shahab
Apprentice

Orbi Speed test discepancies

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between the speed test in the Orbi app and running speedtests on other apps/websites such as speedtest.net?  I have a 400 Mbps connection via Charter and pretty much everytime I run the speedtest in the Orbi app, it shows speed reflecting what I have from Charter, i.e. 456 Mbps.   However when I run the test (on my iphone) via Speedtest app or Microsoft Network Speed Test, I get a fraction of the speed:

Speedtest:                 154 Mbps

MS Network:              221 Mbps

Wondering if the speed Orbi is displaying is what it's getting directly from the Cable modem since it's connected via Ethernet, but the other tests are showing real world speeds via WiFi?

Shahab

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KMDonlon
Luminary

The speed test in the Orbi app shows the hard wired speed to the Orbi router. Via sites and speed test apps, it would show your WiFi speed

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
KMDonlon
Luminary

The speed test in the Orbi app shows the hard wired speed to the Orbi router. Via sites and speed test apps, it would show your WiFi speed
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

The other issue with it is that the orbi speedtest app function doesn't always pick the best server for testing. 

So those with faster internet can run into issues when the speedtest function picks a server that's slower than your service. 

Its nice for a quick test but the best results are found using a hardwired pc and using multiple tests to ensure you're fully saturating the server. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7