Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Web Interface shows wired backhaul (correct) but Orbi Android app shows wireless (incorrect)

Orbi Web Interface shows wired backhaul (correct) but Orbi Android app shows wireless (incorrect)

I have an Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E Mesh System with an additional RBSE960 WiFi 6E Add-on Satellite. All three satellites are connected to the router via Ethernet to support a wired backhaul. However, while the Orbi web interface shows the three satellites as connected via Ethernet, my Orbi Android app shows them connected wirelessly. The web interface is correct, and the app is incorrect, but how do I know if the wired backhaul is working?

I've attached an image to show you what I'm seeing.

My Orbi app version number is 2.22.0.2662. My Orbi firmware is up to date (v6.3.7.10), and I am using Windows 11 on my PC and Android 13 on my Pixel 7 Pro smartphone.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Web Interface shows wired backhaul (correct) but Orbi Android app shows wireless (incorr...

Hello millerre1959,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not seeing the correct backhaul status on your Orbi app. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Orbi app have been proven to resolve issues like the one you are having. Please uninstall your Orbi app and then reinstall it. 

Please keep us informed of your progress on this issue!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Web Interface shows wired backhaul (correct) but Orbi Android app shows wireless (incorr...

Hello millerre1959,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not seeing the correct backhaul status on your Orbi app. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Orbi app have been proven to resolve issues like the one you are having. Please uninstall your Orbi app and then reinstall it. 

Please keep us informed of your progress on this issue!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team 

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your suggestion! Before I had an opportunity to try it, the app was updated and the problem resolved itself. It now shows all three satellites as wired to the router.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7