Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app IOS 2.29.0.123 does not list devices of RBR850

Flupke
Apprentice

Orbi app IOS 2.29.0.123 does not list devices of RBR850

The Orbi app v 2.29.0.123 stopped properly displaying the list of devices connected to my RBR850 mesh. Empty list after time out. It used to function before on my very same router firmware v4.16.14.3

Rebooting the router does not fix it
Message 1 of 6
Flupke
Apprentice

Re: Orbi app IOS 2.29.0.123 does not list devices of RBR850

Reinstalling the app neither
Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power cycle of the RBR and RBS off for 1 minuted then back on.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Message 3 of 6
Flupke
Apprentice

A power recycle of the dull mesh during 1minute did not help.

I suspect this is a regression of the IOS app as my RBS/RBR firmware wasn’t changed recently: the ability to get the devices list from the app is random and mostly failing, while there is no issue when connecting to the router web UI (which indicates the device list is there).

Actually after looking at the device list on the difec5 web access, ….it works in the app. So it seems the last version of the app fail to initiate the device list refresh or has a timing issue for subsequently looking at it.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
Flupke
Apprentice

I did report the issue (in French 😉 as I am running the French version in the app).

To reproduce it:
- power cycle RBR and RBSs ...or wait a couple of hours that the issue is repeated
- after a while try either from iPad or from iPhone to get the device list: it fails after timeout systematically
- connect directly to the router web console in a browser (from same iPad so same RBS) and the list of connected devices is there and immediate

- try again on both iPad and iPhone: device lists then working

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series