Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app - Obsolete verification method

rcf99
Aspirant

Orbi app - Obsolete verification method

Hello, does anyone know a way to update obsolete verification methods to sign into the Netgear Orbi app? When I try to sign into my existing Netgear account, I enter my user and password as I normally would and the app is directing me to a "Verification Methods" screen. A past e-mail address of mine shows up. If I click continue and then "Try another verification method", the app takes me back to the same screen showing my old e-mail. I've also tried using a browser and logging into my account but there's not an option to update such. Has anyone run into this problem who would have an insight? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app - Obsolete verification method

Did you change the NG profile email address to reflect the new email address your using? 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx#

Sign into your NG profile here and be sure you update the profile to the new email address.

Message 2 of 6
rcf99
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I have my account with the proper address under https://accounts.netgear.com/.

I tried re-installing the phone app from scratch but no luck. Regards

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@rcf99 wrote:

Hello, does anyone know a way to update obsolete verification methods to sign into the Netgear Orbi app? When I try to sign into my existing Netgear account, I enter my user and password as I normally would and the app is directing me to a "Verification Methods" screen. A past e-mail address of mine shows up.

You could be caught in a "Catch 22" that can be resolved only by a forum moderator.

• Has it been some time since the Orbi app was last accessed?
  • Did the email address in your Netgear account profile change since the last time the Orbi app was accessed?
  • Have you ever enabled any sort of 2 Factor Authentication?

Message 4 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @rcf99 ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with your user credentials for your Orbi app. 

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
rcf99
Aspirant

Thanks so much, Kevin! I've sent you a PM. Cheers!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7