Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app admin password no longer recognizes my admin password

Orbi app admin password no longer recognizes my admin password

Orbi app admin password no longer accepts what I’ve been using. We just had an iOS upgrade to iPhone although that doesn’t usually cause a problem.
I can access my Netgear account my Bitdefender app etc. if I have to somehow reset my Orbi app admin password what all will that affect? My actual Orbi router login etc. Thank you in advance for helping this newbie! Kathy
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the community! May you try logging in using the default credentials below. 

Username: admin

Password: password

Christian 

Message 2 of 15

Thanks Christian. Yes I tried that but it doesn’t accept the default password. I don’t remember changing the password but maybe I did I’m concerned if I am able to retrieve my password will I have to change my network password as well as all our devices as well. Any ideas would be really appreciated!
Kathy
Message 3 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kathy, 

I would recommend factory resetting the Orbi unit by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds. After doing so, please reinstall the Orbi app and run through the setup assistant again using the Orbi app. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 15

Thanks again Christian. I truly appreciate it. Final thing if I may are you saying I will have to re setup my whole Orbi nest system as though I just brought it home and start from scratch?
Have a great evening.
Kathy
Message 5 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kathy - Yes, that is correct. Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 6 of 15
TonyOkell
Initiate

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem and it is a real bugbear because you need to reset the complete system when this happens.

I finally found a solution which worked for me but I don't claim it will work for everyone.

Do you also have Network Insight app installed on your device.

If so uninstall Insight and the orbi app might then remain stable and remember your password.

Once you reset the system the Orbi app seems to remember your password everytime.

I trialled this solution 3 times by un-installing Insight and resetting the system and each time the Orbi app remembered my password.

With Insight re-installed the Orbi app forgot my password and I had to reset the sytem again.

In my case there appears to be a conflict between the 2 apps.

I am using a Xiaomi Mi9 Pro as the access device.

I hope this potential solution my work for you otherwise pacakage the system up and send it back until Netgear recognise this as an issue and adopt a proactive stance on working a solution.

Good luck 

Tony

ps post back and let us know how you get on

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 7 of 15

Tony, Thank you so much for taking your time to try and help me. I have not heard of a network app called insight but for anyone else that might have had the same issue and has that app you have provided a very thorough fix!
I am still at a loss because when I installed the Orbi system it assigned an SSID name and showed the password for using mine which was on the bottom of the router. Now when I open the app I’d just says admin and will not allow you to change that. I honestly don’t remember back in February when I installed the system what it said each day until it no longer stored the password it just always connected me. If you might think of anything else or know of anything else to refer me to I’d greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!
Kathy Scott
Message 8 of 15
DomDesj
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem

I ve no access to my circle app anymore.

I cancel the app and reinstall it. 

My Orbi is recognized but when I try to enter my 4 digits code, it still doesnt work.

Then the message in french "Connexion impossible , verifiez votre code , puis reessayez" appears. In english : The connection is impossible , check your code and try again.

Then, As i'm the only one circle admin, I asked for an SMS message.

This SMS was never received;

Everybody's blocked at home.

I'm waiting for your help please.

Thanks

Dominique

Message 9 of 15

I hope someone will be kind enough to help us with this problem as I’ve tried everything you mentioned and more. Reinstalling etc keeps asking for admin which u cannot change and then telling me the password isn’t correct or the default one and my app has one change only as now it’s searching for an rbr50 but of course not finding that even though it shows as my only choice listed don’t know why it just comes back after spinning it says it’s offline. My Orbi router is working fine with all devices that use it just not the app.
Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide 😊 Kathy
Message 10 of 15
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DomDesj, 

I will need the following info so that I can validate and retrieve the passcode from our system. Please send me the requested info in a private message.

Name:

Email:

Model Number:

Serial Number: 

Thanks,

Christian

Message 11 of 15
JvdSneth
Initiate

I am having the same problem, and just having to reset the whole system seems ridicoulus to my while it a bug in the app. please do an update and solve this problem

Message 12 of 15
ellen2298
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. All of a sudden the circle app stopped working premium features. then I got in touch with circle and they told me to reboot etc. Then I noticed that the orbi app will not login but I can login through web browser. The app keeps saying the pw is incorrect but I know it it is correct. Now circle app won't even connect to the RBR50. It says that it is enabled but won't let me go further. So now no orbi app and no circle. Anyone learn anything more about this issue?

Message 13 of 15
ellen2298
Apprentice

I was able to get my orbi app to login again by doing the type of password reset that was mentioned in this solution. Still can't get circle to work but this is progress at least to have the app working.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-App-and-2-routers/m-p/1946301#M1469

Message 14 of 15
Pcercega
Tutor

Hi, 

We just switched from Xfinity back to Fios today. Our Orbi mesh router is connected to our Fios router. For some bizarre reason, even though I reset the Orbi router and unplugged, etc. and reinstalled the Orbi app on my iPhone, the app will not recognize the admin password (which is supposedly password). I also tried the factory  password that is printed on the router and that didn't work either. Can someone please help?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7