Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app can't reconnect to RBR750

aestrella
Tutor

Orbi app can't reconnect to RBR750

Orbi model: RBK750/AX4200

ISP: Verizon Fios (not using ISP router)

Router Firmware version: 4.6.6.14

My Orbi (RBK750) has been running smoothly for six months now. I decided to run a speed test after not testing for 6 weeks just because I felt like it and not because of performance issues. When I launched the Orbi app on buy iPhone, I got the message that router is disconnected. I attempted to reconnect through the app but was unsuccessful. I have the app setup too on my iPad and got the same result when I tried to reconnect the router.

In the apps's Network Map, the Internet and Router icons are red but Satellite is green. All connected devices (wired and Wifi) are all functioning as expected. It's just the app not connecting to the router. I tried the following but still unable to reconnect the app to the router:

• Power cycle router
  • Unplugged/plugged back main cable from house to router while powered on
  • Removed Orbi app from iPad and reinstalled. Setup was unable to detect router

I'm trying to avoid reverting to factory setting and start all over again. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 7
aestrella
Tutor

Now that the issue appears to have been resolved, I have a new issue when going to the Device Manager or the Orbi app. I am now getting the error. “Could not reach server. Try again later (code: CDIL-API-FAIL).

Hopefully NG is aware of the issue and already addressing it. Please advise if there are steps I could take to resolve the issue.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Are logged to the local connection (house) icon on the app or the Cloud connection on the app? 

Device Manager appears correctly for me on the house icon connection...

Message 5 of 7
aestrella
Tutor

Device Manger doesn't work when connected to router locally or when connected online (Anywhere access). 

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the iPad the only mobile device you have Orbi app on? 

Have you tried powering OFF the ISP modem and RBR/RBS for 1 minute then back ON with the modem first then RBR and RBS lastly? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7