Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app doesn't see local RBR750 router

cbolt8
Aspirant

Orbi app doesn't see local RBR750 router

Not sure when this started to happen since I don't open the Orbi app unless there's a problem with my network.  But I opened the Orbi app today and my local router is no longer listed.  It only shows a remote RBR750 router connected via Anywhere Access.   

If I uninstall and then reinstall the app and sign back in, it will show both my local and the remote router.  But once I close and reopen the app, the local router would be gone.

It seems some users have been having the same issue sometime last year as well?  Is this a bug in the latest firmware or the app?

It gets really annoying whenever I need to access my local router, I have to uninstall then reinstall the app...

Message 1 of 6

Re: Orbi app doesn't see local RBR750 router

@cbolt8 wrote:

But I opened the Orbi app today and my local router is no longer listed.  It only shows a remote RBR750 router Connected via Anywhere Access.   

Which Orbi app? iOS or Android? My experience is with the latter.

I suspect that this "remote" router is actually your local router but you are connecting to it over Anywhere Access rather than the local Wi-Fi.

That's what the message is telling you.

It gets really annoying whenever I need to access my local router, I have to uninstall then reinstall the app...

No.The router you connect to is the one you want to control.

As you say, when you connect to the router, you lose the Local/Remote option from the landing page.

It us a pain, but the effect is the same.

Try closing the app on your device and then restart it. You may see the return if the "local" option.

All very confusing.

Message 2 of 6
cbolt8
Aspirant

The app is definitely showing only the remote router and not the local one under “Your Products.” They have different wifi network names and number of satellites so it’s obvious. The only way to make the local router reappear is to uninstall and reinstall the app which is frustrating. I am using iPhone 14 with the latest iOS and the most recent app and firmware versions.
Message 3 of 6

@cbolt8 wrote:
The app is definitely showing only the remote router and not the local one under “Your Products.”

That's what I expect. I see the same thing, as I already explained.

Any chance of a screenshot?

Something like this:

michaelkenward_1-1675175143725.png

(I had to blur the MR device, bit it is the same devuce twice.)

There is no way that I know of that your app can connect to someone else's router. I have certainly never seen any reports of that here.

I am using iPhone 14 with the latest iOS and the most recent app and firmware versions.

I'm afraid that claims of "most recent ... firmware version" don't mean anything.

You might be surprised by how many "the most recent firmware" reports we see here that are no such thing. Sometimes by a large margin.

It depends on how you check. If you use one of the apps, or even the on-board check in the browser graphical user interface (GUI), it can get out of synch with the real world.

Then there are "hotfix" updates that have yet to migrate from the support library onto the update server, which is usually a day or two behind the library. That gives Netgear a bit of time to watch for reports of issues from the experienced users who keep an eye on the library.

Message 4 of 6
cbolt8
Aspirant

You are making some odd unfounded assumptions. The remote router is also mine, not some stranger’s.

The app and firmware are the latest versions according to Netgear.
Message 5 of 6

@cbolt8 wrote:
You are making some odd unfounded assumptions.

Not odd at all. You never said anything about it being your router:

You wrote:

It only shows a remote RBR750 router connected via Anywhere Access. 

It does not day "my remote RBR750 router". None of your messages give any hint that you own this device.

If you are trying to troubleshoot a issue – or are you just here to complain? – you have to provide as much detail as possible rather than vague references.

You could have removed this confusion by simply adding "my" to your references to the "remote" router.

Any chance if that screenshot from the app?

I have a theory, but you probably won't agree with it.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7