Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app doesnt connect to Router anymore

Menno1985
Aspirant

Orbi app doesnt connect to Router anymore

Dear forum, 

After some issues with the connectivity of the sattelites, I tried around a bit and updated the firmware as well. Now my Orbi App doesnt connect ot the router anymore giving 4 potential reasons, of which I can only think that the Orbi router is in bridge mode to be likely (no internet, VPN mobile device and another are n/a).

Re-installing the app didnt work, I dont have access to anything anymore now. 

How van I disable this? How ca I get access to the app again? 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru
Menno1985
Aspirant

Option a) switching off private mode didn’t work. Option b) I don’t use a browser for access. Its the app itself that can’t find the router.

I have WiFi access though. Actually everything works great, accept me not being able to see the router and the system status in the app.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

id you make sure that Local Network was enabled under the phones settings for the local Orbi app configuration. I saw that this was disabled on mine at some point and after I re-enabled it the app finally connected to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 8
Menno1985
Aspirant

Hey Furry,

Good point but it wasn’t that. I am currently connected in a local network via Orbi. I have another hypothesis. I recall being connected via anywhere access previously. But now it’s not enabled and I can’t enable it as I cannot access the app. Do I have something here? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

So Orbi app isn't connecting with the local network enabled for the app as seen here?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-Status/td-p/2223085/jump...

Message 6 of 8
Menno1985
Aspirant

Yes the setup is like the photo. Its not recognizing the router, although the WiFi connection of the mobile device is actually using the router’s internet.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Only thing I can think of is to sign out of the Orbi app fully, factory reset the RBR, setup using a wired PC and web browser. Once set up again, then try the Orbi app. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7