Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app keeps asking for password, won’t accept it.

swami7774
Tutor

Orbi app keeps asking for password, won’t accept it.

I'm trying to open my Orbi app to view network data. FIrst it had me rese my app login password. Then, when I hit the "view dashboard" tab, it asked for the "admin" login whose default password is "password" but it doesn't accept it, nor does it accept my app login password. Seems the app is very glitchy. I trashed and reinstalled it to no avail. Suggestions? TIA

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi app keeps asking for password, won’t accept it.

Hi @swami7774

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Was it working before? 

Can you access the router Web UI? 

Please provide the Orbi App version. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi app keeps asking for password, won’t accept it.

@swami7774 wrote:

I'm trying to open my Orbi app to view network data. FIrst it had me rese my app login password. Then, when I hit the "view dashboard" tab, it asked for the "admin" login whose default password is "password" but it doesn't accept it, nor does it accept my app login password.

During the initial Orbi setup, the user is encouraged (some would say badgered ) to change the web password from "password" to something more secure.  As I recall, it rejects a password that is "too short" or does not include a mix of UPPER/lower case characters and at least one digit.  That is the password the app is asking for.  If it had not been changed from "password", then "password" would have been accepted.

To get past this obstacle, the user must either learn or change that web access password.  Are you able to log into the web interface?

http://orbilogin.net. If you enter an incorrect password three times, the Orbi will bring up a Password Recovery screen which asks you to enter the router serial number (to prove that you have physical possession of it) and answer two security questions.  If this fails, the only option is to perform a Factory Reset and configure the Orbi again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7