Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app keeps disconnecting

orlando2bjr
Aspirant

Orbi app keeps disconnecting

Orbi app 2.3.7.622 keeps disconnecting from router (2.3.1.60)
I've tried other workarounds like disabling remember me and Touch ID. I've uninstalled it, reset it, deleted cache, the works.

Nothing works. 

The only way it doesn't disconnects is if I quickly open the settings panel.

Weirdly, web interface also disconnects more frequently thant usual.

I'll try resetting my RBR50 to see if it helps.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
PrimeNumber
Guide

Re: Orbi app keeps disconnecting

Been running into the same problem. If I use a browser it works fine, it's just the Android app that doesn't work. Current firmware on the router (as of July 5, 2019). Phone is up to date as well as the app, June 2019.

App keeps logging out and trying to log back in. After a couple times it says too many failed login attempts, try again later.

This has been constant for the last two router firmware updates and 4 versions of the app (at least for me).. I've seen threads on this board that date back to 2016, so this is not a new issue. I do not understand why Netgear has either not fixed this, or if they have, why it is not a sticky at the top of the forum pages.

My phone is a OnePlus 5T. I have noticed other threads where people mention they have Galaxy S7's or later and Pixel devices. I have not noticed anyone with an older phone complaining about it. Perhaps it has something to do with newer phone hardware, or newer versions of Android.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
orlando2bjr
Aspirant

Re: Orbi app keeps disconnecting

I've tried resetting the router but it didn't help.

Yesterday I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but now I've disabled the Remember Me option and I'm not using fingerprint (which is a bummer).

So far, it's stable.

If it stays that way, the problem is likely related to these options.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7