Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app not connecting and not finding router

Ozonshak
Star

Orbi app not connecting and not finding router

Hello. Not sure when this started happening, but my Orbi RBR750 is no longer connecting to the app. Getting “unable to detect WiFi” error. Web page is not working either. I tried reinstalling the app, and now I can’t see anything at all. The parental controls are also offline. So this is not just an issue reaching the admin interfaces.

I’m aware of this reported issue that is likely related:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Orbi-Web-Page-and-Orbi-app-Access-St...

The only solution seems to be a full factory reset. I really don’t want to do that. I have a ton of settings I really don’t want to restore. Any other options to fix at this time?
Message 1 of 9
Snarglefarg
Initiate

Re: Orbi app not connecting and not finding router

Same here. I've actually been planning to change my SSID password and on May 9 I took screenshots of all of the devices that are connected or that have connected to my router in preparation. (I wasn't aware of the ability to backup the router settings at the time.) So I know it worked May 9. The problem started sometime after that.

I'd like to think that another automatic software update could be queued up and even without the ability to connect, that the the fix would be included, the router would reboot and I'd be able to connect again. I find it hard to believe that every single person that owns an Orbi router with this issue has to factory reset in order to connect with the app again. This would be a support nightmare.

Message 2 of 9
GaSeminole
Initiate

Same exact issue here. The app has worked flawlessly until recently. Not only does the app not work, but I cannot access the router admin page at all from any device. What’s weirder is that I’m connected to the internet with great speeds. I just cannot access anything related to the router itself.
Message 3 of 9
Jeffgear
Luminary

I've had a few Orbi connectivity quirks with my RBR that have been resolved by either deleting the app from my phone, rebooting the RBR and satellites, then reinstalling the app and signing into my netgear account when running the app. 

Also, one fix for another situation was setting the app to connect with with Anywhere Access. This seems often the most stable way to connect from the Orbi app on both my phone and tablet. 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 9
Ozonshak
Star

@Jeffgear   Thanks!  However, I've already tried restarting the Orbi Router and uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  These steps don't work for this particular issue.  I'm actually in worse shape now than before I reinstalled the app.  Before, It wasn't connecting to the router, but I could still see all my devices and such.  Now, I'm not seeing anything and just getting router connectivity errors and Wifi errors.  I have full wifi access in the house, but the admin interfaces are unavailable.  I really don't want to do a factor reset, so I'm hoping they fix this soon.

Message 6 of 9
Ozonshak
Star

@FURRYe38 Thanks for the link.  I actually mentioned that link in my original post, so already aware.  However, that solution is a full factory reset.  Do you have any updates on a solution that doesn't require a reset?  I have a TON of settings I really don't want to setup all over again, including parental controls.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Get in contact with @ChristineT and send her a PM with your RBRs serial number and email address you use for NG account info. 

I believe there pushing a patch for users to avoid a reset. 

No idea when she will respond. She's been busy lately. 

IF and when you regain access, be sure to save off a back up configuration to file. Saves time IF a reset is needed. 

@Ozonshak wrote:

@FURRYe38 Thanks for the link.  I actually mentioned that link in my original post, so already aware.  However, that solution is a full factory reset.  Do you have any updates on a solution that doesn't require a reset?  I have a TON of settings I really don't want to setup all over again, including parental controls.

Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7