Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app not connecting to the router with ios 14 upgrade (RBR750)

UncleBrett
Guide

Won't work for me either. Have reinstalled Orbi app several times. When launching the re-installed app, it will never ask me to allow local network access and the slider is not available in ios 14 Settings for the Orbi app.

Message 26 of 67
mmcleonard
Initiate

I am experiencing the same issue as others have mentioned.  I have even tried accessing from an Android phone and cannot login now.  I can connect to the roouter to obtain internet access but th App is completely useless now.  I can no longer manage my Orbi Router.  Tried a number of suggestions posted here and nothing seems to work.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 27 of 67
UncleBrett
Guide

Sorry you also experienced this. The solution I found was posted from other users here. I had to do two things:

1. Delete the Nighthawk Netgear app from my iPhone so that only the Orbi Netgear app remains.

2. When the Orbi app asks you to TRUST your device, say "NO" to continue to facial recognition prompt. Say yes to use facial recognition.

Not sure what error, if any, you're getting, but the above is what worked for me.

Message 28 of 67
iLL_reaL
Initiate

I unplugged my router, plugged back in, deleted nighthawk app and tried the Orbi app again. Worked flawlessly. Thank you!!!
Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 29 of 67
iLL_reaL
Initiate

My model is RBR840*
Message 30 of 67
mmcleonard
Initiate

None of my phones will connect to Orbi app.  I am connected to my Orbi network and when it tried to discover the router it no longer finds it.  I have tried deleting the Orbi app and reinstalling.  I have two factor enabled and every time no luck.  Even tried from my iPad and after activating my two iPhones I now get the message that I must remove a verification method.  It tries to discover but never connects and asks to try again.  Had connect anywhere enabled and removed it and that no longer works.  It is completely useless to manage any devices at this point without being able to access the router.  Next attempt will be a complete reset of the router if there are no other suggestions that work.

Message 31 of 67
msebae
Tutor

Problem solved - I found I had an old Netgear Nighthawk app I had to delete, then delete and reinstall Orbi app, and I finally get prompted to allow Local Network access.

I do app development and my guess is Netgear is using the same cert for both apps, and iOS14 will only allow one accessibility per cert. So if you got an old Netgear Nighthawk; gotta delete that app for Orbi to work.
Message 32 of 67
dentin11
Aspirant

Re: Orbi app and Nighthawk app not connecting to the router with iOS 14.1 upgrade (RBR750)

Since Apple iOS 14.1 upgrade on iphone and ipad , apps cannot detect the routers ,  X6S and Orbi AX 6000 !!!  All was good till the new 14.1 iOS

Message 33 of 67
sasmith14
Aspirant

I read another post on this forum which suggested deleting the app and reinstall it.  It worked perfect when I reinstalled the app.

Message 34 of 67
belsbury
Initiate

Thank you, I had reinstalled the app several times without success. Uninstalling the Nighthawk app allowed the Orbi app to immediately find and connect to my router again. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 35 of 67
Papasmurph
Aspirant

Hi

I have had a similar but different issue after upgrading iPhone x and iPad Pro to IOS 14. My Orbi Wifi has been operating without issue for nearly 2 years with up to 20 different devices attaching (other IOS devices, Apple TV's, Smart TV's, Sonos etc). All device upgrades including IOS have completed within this 2 years and no impact on the reliability of the Orbi WiFi. However I upgraded both my iPhone x and iPad Pro same evening about 4 weeks ago and since then whenever I attach either my iPhone or iPad (with IOS 14) to the Orbi WiFi it freezes/stops the WiFi for everything, thats including other IOS (V13) devices smart TV's etc., the only way to restart the WiFi is take IOS14 devices off the wifi and reboot the Orbi router, then so long as I leave iPhone x and iPad Pro off the Orbi wifi then no issue it works away. 

As the iPhone x stops the Wifi when it attaches I cannot use the Orbi app but I do have the option to allow access 'Local Network'. So instead I use the https://orbilogin.com and can connect to Orbi router. I have updated the firmware, done a factory reset, installed as new (as few times) and still same issue, IOS 14 devices causes the Wifi to freeze. I have never installed Orbi Nighthawk as an App.

I am totally frustrated and while I did contact Apple and they did escalate they clearly identify the problem as the Orbi router issue. 

Anyone had a similar issue and at this stage before I throw the Netgear equipment into the trash I would try anything.

Message 36 of 67
fmalloy
Luminary

@Christian_R I am also seeing 2.6.7.0 not detecting my network, and only Anywhere Access works. Yes, I have the Local Network option in Orbi Settings turned ON. And I did reboot my iPhone. The previous app version worked OK.

Can you please, please fix this?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 37 of 67
fmalloy
Luminary

@UncleBrett THANK YOU!

All I had to do was delete the Nighthawk app left over from my Nighthawk router. I kept the router and app as backup for the Orbi. Deleting it made the app detect the network again. 

THANK YOU!

Message 38 of 67
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi AX Users, 

If your still experiencing issues with your Orbi app connecting to your router. May you send me a private message with the following info.

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version:

Serial Number:

Orbi App Version: (please also specify if you're on iOS or Android) 

iOS Software Version: (if applicable) 

And please let me know if you have the Nighthawk app installed on the same mobile device and if deleting the Nighthawk app helps. 

Thank you,

Christian

Message 39 of 67
Kjetilhammero
Initiate

Deleting Nighthawk app solved the problem!
Thanks!
Message 40 of 67
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi App users,

We released iOS Orbi app v2.7.0.28 recently. We recommend updating to the latest app version along with updating to iOS 14.2 if the update is available for your iOS device. 

Regards,

Christian

Message 41 of 67
Papasmurph
Aspirant

Hi Christian

I have updated Orbi firmware to 2.6.1.40 as not in US region but its the latest and also updated my IOS to 14.2 but alas I still have same issue. Had a call from Netgear technician yesterday and it was he that notified me about new Firmware and we updated. He saw the problem first hand after the update and he is taking it back to experts in Netgear.

Regards

Message 42 of 67
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Papasmurph, 

Thanks for getting back with an update. Please continue to work with our support team regarding the issue. In the meantime, may you tell me the current Orbi app version you have installed. We released a new iOS version yesterday. 

Christian 

Message 43 of 67
chipmunkchan
Aspirant

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello Orbi App users,

We released iOS Orbi app v2.7.0.28 recently. We recommend updating to the latest app version along with updating to iOS 14.2 if the update is available for your iOS device. 

Regards,

Christian

I just updated the app to 2.7.0.28, and still receiving the same error message.

Message 44 of 67
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chipmunkchan - May you provide the following info for us. 

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version: 

iOS 14.2 installed: (yes/no)

Local Network Access enabled: (yes/no)

Do you have the Nighthawk app installed on your iOS device: (yes/no)

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 45 of 67
chipmunkchan
Aspirant

Orbi Model: RBR50

Orbi Firmware Version: 2.7.1.60

iOS 14.2 installed: (yes/no) Yes

Local Network Access enabled: (yes/no) Yes

Do you have the Nighthawk app installed on your iOS device: (yes/no) No

Message 46 of 67
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chipmunkchan, 

Thanks for providing the requested info. May you reinstall the Orbi app and reboot your iOS device and check to see if your issue persists. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 47 of 67
glenfaj26
Guide

The Netgear Support website posted a firmware update RBR50 version 2.7.1.60 for US Region only. I tried following the links, unzipped the files. However, i keep getting the message “The disc image file is corrupted.”

Please assist.
Message 48 of 67
prabakarm
Tutor

Hi @Christian_R 

I started to get the "Issues connecting with the network" problem again on the app.  I tried to reinstall the app.  Model and other details below.  Is there a resolution to the problem?

Orbi Model: RBR750

Orbi Firmware Version: 2.7.0.28

iOS 14.2 installed: (yes/no) Yes, version 14.2.1

Local Network Access enabled: (yes/no) Yes

Do you have the Nighthawk app installed on your iOS device: (yes/no) No

Thanks,

Prabakar.

Message 49 of 67
orbi-am
Aspirant

For me - mikey??? response worked, and the issue was related to a private address (after ensuring app had local network access).

On iphone, go to Settings->Wi-Fi-> Select "i" for information on current wifi and toggle off "Private Address" if selected.

May not work for you - but did for us (must have setup the system with the old mac address). Suspect the MAC address must be stored in the Orbi system somewhere, so going to a private address loses the initial connection setup.

Our other issue is unfortunately the disney circle that is a world of pain (needs resetting up after every reboot / power outage. Kids have discovered this, and constantly turning off the power at the fuse box.)

Message 50 of 67
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7