Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app not connecting to the router with ios 14 upgrade (RBR750)

Remmy2
Aspirant

Re: Orbi app not connecting to the router with ios 14 upgrade (RBR750)

This worked for me. I was getting the messaged that "you don't appear to be connected to wifi" on my iphone and I was connected to wifi, but the app wasn't recognizing it after the upgrade.  I followed the instructions to turn off wifi "private address". Once I did that, the app launched without a problem. Note: once you do this, you can turn "private address" back on and you will still be able to launch the Orbi app without a problem.  I don't know why it now recognized wifi after turning private address off and then on again, but it worked. Thank you!

Message 51 of 67
joseasuarez
Aspirant

When my iphone automatically downloade to IOS 14.4 had issues with my orbi app; however, I fix the issue by powering off the iphone and now my ordi app is back working again. 

Message 52 of 67
CSJ2ARTS
Aspirant

Any updates on the ORBI App?

Message 53 of 67
ArthurSmart
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy. I'm currently looking to replace my because I can't deal with it not being able to connect. On the App or the Web browser.

Message 54 of 67
fmalloy
Luminary

(redacted)

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 55 of 67
BOBERIKSON
Aspirant

Orbi not compatible with Apple products. Suggest you buy another brand of router or buy inexpensive router just for Apple products.
Message 56 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi IS COMPTIBLE with Apple products. NG mades both apps avialble for Apple AND Android. Been like this for years. 

OrbiAppSpeedTestWorking.png

iOS 14.4.1

Message 57 of 67
Papasmurph
Aspirant

I would like to agree that Orbi is compatitable with apple but in the end i had to dump my RBR50's as Netgear support were not able to sort the problem of connectivity despite lots of effort

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 58 of 67
FURRYe38
Guru

So what is the problem were you having? 

What model Orbi and what FW version did you have on the Orbi system? 

What iOS version are you using?

@Papasmurph wrote:

I would like to agree that Orbi is compatitable with apple but in the end i had to dump my RBR50's as Netgear support were not able to sort the problem of connectivity despite lots of effort

Message 59 of 67
Stev3D-same-me
Aspirant

My Orbi RBK50 system has worked for me with many versions of the macOS and for a very long time.  The only recent occasions where I have had problems is when I've attempted to use the Orbi app.

Since autumn 2020, nearly very time I attempted (yes, past tense) to use the Orbi iOS app something goes wrong and I have to wipe or restore the Orbi to get stability back.  Just a few weeks ago, running the lastest firmware (Orbi), most curreent iOS and Orbi App, I checked something with the app (I didn't make a change, just checked to see if a device was connected to the satellite or the main unit, more out of curiosity than anything else), and within a half-hour my wife was shouting, "Are you dinking around with the network again?"  The Orbi had gone unstable and devices were being randomly blocked (aside: I use Access Control and carefully curate the MAC addresses of the two-dozen devices in the household, and my hypothesis is that the Orbi app screws up the Orbi's internal database).

Fortunately, I had a recent backup of the .cfg file, and after restoring the Orbi from that everything has been great.

Since I can just as easily access the Orbi -- and do more with it -- using (mobile) Safari from my iPhone (I have it bookmarked), I have completely removed the Orbi app from all of my iDevices and things have been great ever since.  The Web inerface isn't as pretty on an iPhone, but it gets the job done quite well.

So, please do not assume the problem is with the Orbi; I think it is with the (totally optional, not-really-needed) Orbi app.

YMMV

(The real) Stev3D

Message 60 of 67
Spicer1
Aspirant

This just happened to me. Turn OFF your cellular access and use WI-FI only. The ORBI will then show up in your Wi-Fi choices. Connect and continue setup per directions. I am not sure if this is part of the new Firmware update. ORBI will NOT connect with Cellular button engaged on iOS Devices. Hope this helps.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 61 of 67
riranmanesh
Aspirant

Hello,

My app no longer connects. It keeps saying can’t detect product. Internet works fine. Just can’t control anything via the app. Rbr750.
Serial number 6AF50B7KA79A6.
Used to work just fine. Any help would be appreciated. I’m using iPhone X but also tried an iPad without success.
Message 62 of 67
Lenn0rt
Aspirant

Can't choose RBK852 above here, but having same issue. even without Cellular on...

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 63 of 67
WRSORBI
Luminary

Same problem. Resolution for the Orbi app is to disable/enable Settings/WiFi/Private Address. However trying to login through Orbilogin.net still fails with 'cannot connect to the Only WiFi network'. Device having this issue is a new iPad Pro 11 trying to login either by web or Orbi app. Orbi app was deinstallled/reinstalled several times with no effect. This is the first tine to try to use Orbi app/orbilogin.net on this device. Other IOS devices at same IOS level and are working fine.

IOS 14.6

RBK753S latest firmware 3.2.81.1

Message 64 of 67
Stev3D-same-me
Aspirant

@WRSORBI wrote:

However trying to login through Orbilogin.net still fails with 'cannot connect to the Only WiFi network'.

Forget about orbilogin.net -- it's a gimmic.  Just point your browser at the IP address of your router.  For example, if your network is 192.168.1.xyz, then we can safely assume your router is 192.168.1.1, so go to https://192.168.1.1 and you will be there.

FWIW, I gave up on the Orbi app several months ago when every time I made a change from the app, my network went unstable (even after factory reset and rebuild).  I use MAC Address filtering, and I'm convinced there is a bug in that the app corrupts the router's database.  Using the Web interface isn't as pretty as the app, but it gets the job done.

Message 65 of 67
WRSORBI
Luminary

IP not a solution either. See pic.  Works fine by IP on other devices 

8A09E355-4655-42C6-87AE-D8B08041C6C9.png

Message 66 of 67
WRSORBI
Luminary

Pic not loading, it is the password reset screen prompting for last 4 digits of router serial number to reset router password.
Message 67 of 67
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7