Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app - not connecting

chinashaw
Aspirant

Orbi app - not connecting

Hi,

So I currently have an Orbi RBR50 with 3 satelites (am trying to add a wired 4th but that's another pain post) and the app is terrible. Half the time it cannot connect, despite being on the same network. I can connect if I use the 'connect remotely option' .

I have attached a screen shot of the error message. The top right shows the 4 wifi bars (there should be those as this was taken within 6ft of the Orbi router.) I need to connect to the network as I want to add the 4th Satelite.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts?

I have also tried to set it up as a new system but then it tells me that it was unable to connect to 'Orbi wifi' which I think is unsurprising as I have renamed it as 'Hong Kong' a network it connects to seamlessly every time, only the app doesn't seem to think so. 

The only thing I have not done is a full factory reset but that would be monumental pain at the moment, so just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks,

N

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
breereeb
Aspirant

@chinashaw wrote:

Hi,

So I currently have an Orbi RBR50 with 3 satelites (am trying to add a wired 4th but that's another pain post) and the app is terrible. Half the time it cannot connect, despite being on the same network. I can connect if I use the 'connect remotely option' .

I have attached a screen shot of the error message. The top right shows the 4 wifi bars (there should be those as this was taken within 6ft of the Orbi router.) I need to connect to the network as I want to add the 4th Satelite.

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts?

I have also tried to set it up as a new system but then it tells me that it was unable to connect to 'Orbi wifi' which I think is unsurprising as I have renamed it as 'Hong Kong' a network it connects to seamlessly every time, only the app doesn't seem to think so. 

The only thing I have not done is a full factory reset but that would be monumental pain at the moment, so just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts?

Thanks,

N

Have you checked if your Orbi RBR50 is updated to the latest firmware version ? Maybe there's some weird bug and can be fixed that way.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 3 of 4
chinashaw
Aspirant

Ok.