Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app not identifying device type/icon correctly

dtay
Luminary

Orbi app not identifying device type/icon correctly

I'm running the latest version of the Orbi app (for Android, from the Google Play Store) with my RBK853 (AX6000) and noticed the app isn't detecting/recognizing a device type correctly.  Or actually it's arbitrarily assigning a wrong device type randomly each time when you refresh the list of devices.

Here's an example:  I have a Ring Doorbell Pro, and the app sees it as such ("RingPro-8e"), the last two letters being the mac address.  However, it says it's a "smart phone" instead of a doorbell (from the list of icons that you can select from).  So, from within the app, I select edit, and change the icon type from a smart phone to a doorbell, and then save the changes.  It says "device details updated successfully!" but when I launch the app and go view the list of devices, it shows it's a "smart phone again."

Same thing with a Ring Camera; it misidentifes it as  "smart phone" but what's more infuriating is that any changes that you made to correct it, isn't being saved!

Message 1 of 4
KMDonlon
Luminary

Have you tried to update/ change the info in the web based GUI? The app has some issues, last two versions of the app have been problematic.
Message 2 of 4
dtay
Luminary

@KMDonlon wrote:
Have you tried to update/ change the info in the web based GUI? The app has some issues, last two versions of the app have been problematic.

Looks like it's a bug on both the web GUI and the app.  I made the same changes via the web GUI and it's not sticking either.

Message 3 of 4
dtay
Luminary

Support ticket 43287633 opened with Netgear. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7