Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app not showing all connected devices

Ella2
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues. The satellites show on my husband’s iPhone, but not on mine. The devices section has no devices showing. Our security camera doesn’t work as it’s buffering, stopping/freezing etc, rendering the cameras useless. And the camera feed constantly has an error that says the internet connection is too slow. We have the fastest our ISP has.

It’s been like this for a couple of weeks now.
Message 26 of 36

Just wanted to folllow up on this since I figured out over the weekend.  I was messing around with Circle on the RBR50 and was having issues with filtering some devices.   I assumed it was because the device I was trying to filter wasn't showing as "connected".  I upgraded the RBR50 to use NETGEAR Smart Parental Control.   This showed me the list of connected devices which was wrong.   However the app was now showing me a list of every device ever connected to my network as "Offline Devices" which included devices I was trying to filter.   I went ahead and manually deleted all 131 offline devices and then my devices started showing as connected.

I'm guessing devices are getting stuck in offline mode and stop appearing as connected.  This is why completely reseting the orbi fixes this issue as it purges this list.   

As far as I can tell this list of "offline devices" doesn't appear in the web interfaces but you can get access to this list of devices through the app if you attempt to enable NETGEAR Smart Parental Control.   I also saw the list of offline devices in the circle app but there was no way to delete them there. 

Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 36
smsdavis
Initiate

Thank you!

I am traveling until November so no way to see my Orbi right now.  But when I get back, I plan to try this out and see if it works.  It's the only solution anyone has offered.  Netgear has only given excuses and is no help at all!

Message 28 of 36
CrimpOn
Guru

@mikev123456789 wrote:

As far as I can tell this list of "offline devices" doesn't appear in the web interfaces

On my RBR50, the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, "Access Control" contains a table of devices which are connected.  I have so many devices, that I have to scroll down the web page to find this table of "Allowed Devices which are not currently connected":

CrimpOn_0-1656951372958.png

When Access Control is enabled, the router has to keep a record of every device that was ever allowed so that if the device ever shows up again, the router will remember it.  There is also a table under that of Blocked Devices which are  not connected (so that the router can remember that they are not allowed.)

Message 29 of 36

@CrimpOn That view isn't available to me unfortunately.   It just says to use the app.   Definitely doing it through the portal would have been alot easier than doing it 1 by 1 through the app.

stuff.jpg

Message 30 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe NG has removed the web page UI for Access Controls so you have to use the Orbi app now. 

Message 31 of 36
am549
Tutor

So what's the latest with this? I have and RBR20 with RBS20 running V2.7.3.22 any I can see a number of devices which are missing from reviewing the access control logs. 2 of the devices listed in this are definitely connected to the network but don't show up as visible.

I see there is a newer version of firmware available (2.7.4.24) does this resolve the problem?

Message 32 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try. 

@am549 wrote:

So what's the latest with this? I have and RBR20 with RBS20 running V2.7.3.22 any I can see a number of devices which are missing from reviewing the access control logs. 2 of the devices listed in this are definitely connected to the network but don't show up as visible.

I see there is a newer version of firmware available (2.7.4.24) does this resolve the problem?

Message 33 of 36

Please see my first post on this thread(Post 27).  I describe a possible cause and fix for this issue.  It worked for me to allow me to see my devices again. 

Message 34 of 36
am549
Tutor

I was able to purge the devices from the web portal but made no change. Don't get the option you mentioned in my orbi app

Message 35 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

How about trying a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Then try Orbi app.

@am549 wrote:

I was able to purge the devices from the web portal but made no change. Don't get the option you mentioned in my orbi app

Message 36 of 36
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7