Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app only connects via Anywhere access to RBR850

Orbi app only connects via Anywhere access to RBR850

My iPhone 12 Pro Max is only connecting to my Orbi RBR850 through the app using anywhere access. When I open the app it does not detect my system even though I am connected to the Wi-Fi. If I hit connect using anywhere access it will connect. However not all of the features are available using this so I cannot fully manage my system. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and logging in but it still does the same thing. Also, of course I have tried rebooting the router by power cycling it.
Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions on what is going on or how I can fix it? THANKS!
I have the RBK853 3 pack. Not sure this matters but just trying to give you all of the information. THANKS!
Message 1 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi app only connects via Anywhere access to RBR850

Hi mitchellbrand. 

May you check to see if your Orbi system is due for a firmware update and reinstall the Orbi app.

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
HalcyonEM
Initiate

I'm having the exact same issue for the past 2 months. Tried everything w/o success. The only way it will connect at least once via local network is by deleting and re-installing the Orbi app. And then it goes back to connect via cloud. Tried all the privacy settings etc on my iPhone 12 Pro.

Ready to return the Orbi to Costco. 

Message 3 of 8

I ended up taking mine back and exchanging it for another one and it has worked great ever since! I’m still not sure why the first set did what it did, but I’m happy I kept the system because it’s great! The only complaint I have is that it’s a pain in the but to connect smart home devices that can only connect to 2.4. But once I actually get them to connect they work great from then on!
Message 4 of 8
HalcyonEM
Initiate

Thanks For the advice! Glad it’s working. I will do the same and hope for the best.
Message 5 of 8
Josesod
Aspirant

I am having the same exact issue on my RBR50. I have rebooted, deleted my app and even factory reset the router and it still will not connect via local access, only remote access. I normally would not care but 1/2 of the features are limited to only local access so I have not way of managing them
Or turning them on/off. Anyone have any luck getting this worked out?
Message 6 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Josesod wrote:
 but 1/2 of the features are limited to only local access so I have not way of managing them
Or turning them on/off.

Could you please point out the features of the Orbi app that do not function if the app is connected through the cloud?

I seldom open the app because the features that I tend to use do not function in the app no matter how it is connected (LAN Setup, Access Control, DDNS, VPN, Port Forwarding).  I was not aware that some app features are dependent on the method of connection.

Message 7 of 8
AlfredLeung
Aspirant

I have the very same problem and I have done whatever are told below, it’s really annoying and frustrating
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7