Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app says no internet connection when there is and it works.

SaintSnow
Follower

Orbi app says no internet connection when there is and it works.

So my phone recently wasn't connecting to the internet through the orbi, while literally every other device worked fine. Just started as of yesterday. I saw that it could be some firmware issue or whatever so I factory rebooted the orbi. Go through everything and phone still does not connect to it while everything is else is fine. Updated to latest firmware and updated phone and now it works. Everything seems to work fine at the moment. Yet the app is not, I can't use it as it says there is no internet connection, when the phone is connected and working. What is the deal with this? What is the point of the app if just it decides to not work at all? Guess I just don't use it? Without it, it is extremely tedious to quickly update and deal with this orbi device in the first place. 

I literally have not seen anyone else post about this issue. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi app says no internet connection when there is and it works.

what modem/gateway are you connected to? A lot of times a double nat can have that error/issue.

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1 if you're in a double nat. 
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Thank you.

@SaintSnow wrote:

So my phone recently wasn't connecting to the internet through the orbi, while literally every other device worked fine. Just started as of yesterday. I saw that it could be some firmware issue or whatever so I factory rebooted the orbi. Go through everything and phone still does not connect to it while everything is else is fine. Updated to latest firmware and updated phone and now it works. Everything seems to work fine at the moment. Yet the app is not, I can't use it as it says there is no internet connection, when the phone is connected and working. What is the deal with this? What is the point of the app if just it decides to not work at all? Guess I just don't use it? Without it, it is extremely tedious to quickly update and deal with this orbi device in the first place. 

I literally have not seen anyone else post about this issue. 

Message 3 of 4
Vaulterdude
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my phones.  Other devices connect just fine, but our phones say internet may not be available.  Were you able to find out a solution?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7