Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone

leknight4
Follower

Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone

I installed the Orbi mesh router/cable modem combo with one satellite a few months ago and it's been working great. The Orbi app has been working fine too. Just last week the Orbi app stopped working on my iPhone and I don't know why. My iPhone upgraded to iOS 14.3, could this be the problem? My WiFi still works fine, and my iPhone still connects to the WiFi network, it's just that the Orbi app can't seem to detect the network or the router anymore. It keeps asking me to try a new system setup or try connecting using Anywhere Access, neither of which work. So the Orbi app is now useless.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 23
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello leknight4,

May you reinstall the Orbi app and enable local network access. I've linked an article below for directions.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062315/Why-am-I-being-asked-to-let-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-app-connect-to-de...

Christian 

Message 2 of 23
PSwifi
Tutor

Have same problem. This answer does not fix the problem!

Message 3 of 23
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PSwifi,

Have you had a moment to successfully factory reset your router and run through the setup assistant again? 

Christian 

Message 4 of 23
PSwifi
Tutor

Turns out (spoke to customer service) the Orbi app no longer works with the software update 2.6.0.108. Netgear wants you to use the netgear "Insight App". Why customer service on this thread does not know this, I can't imagine. 

Message 5 of 23
S1m0nG
Initiate

I tried the Insight App but that can't find the Orbi router either. Getting very frustrated with this situation. Tried to open a browser to Orbi login.com, get ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED; same when I try the IP address. Nothing works.

Message 6 of 23
PatrickM1969
Aspirant

You have to allow tracking for the app in settings.

Message 7 of 23
asudhindra
Aspirant

Netgear support,

Any update on this? The Orbi app on my iPhone (iOS 14.6) is still unusable at this time. I tried granting Tracking permissions just to see if that helps but that did not work either. Reinstalling the app did not work either.

Message 8 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi model system do you have? 

What FW is currently loaded? 

@asudhindra wrote:

Netgear support,

Any update on this? The Orbi app on my iPhone (iOS 14.6) is still unusable at this time. I tried granting Tracking permissions just to see if that helps but that did not work either. Reinstalling the app did not work either.

Message 9 of 23
Gludan
Aspirant

Me too
Message 10 of 23
Dragonfly-moon
Aspirant

When I added my device to the Netgear Insight, is says it is not supported.  I have the Mesh System with RBR750 with two satelites.  All works fine but the App is not recognizing the device.  It was working yesterday.  Then all of a sudden it says my system is not detected. 

I think the App is the problem not the devices or set-up. 

Message 11 of 23
mhickok
Initiate

i am also trying to connect to Orbi via iphone / ipad or even the browser.  All unsuccessful.  Support had a tech call me and tell me they can connect but I need to approve that it may cost me $$$$ first...  But they can't tell me what is wrong first... I got rid of a previous mesh system as I was not happy with issues.  This is worse when you call support and they first tell you Netgear has a notice posted saying there is a "glitch" in the app and that there will be a charge to investigate it..   NOT the way a tech company needs to approach customer service for as much as we pay for this system.......

Message 12 of 23
JMora13
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Reset modem and Orbi router, no luck. Reinstalled the app, still nothing. Agree with some of the other comments, seems to be an issue with the app.
Message 13 of 23
ncnick
Aspirant

The app has stopped working for me and I have an android phone. It's a Samsung 10.
App has worked fine for nearly 2 years and then stopped suddenly 2 days ago.

Have tried all the usual steps with no success. Hopefully tech support and development come up with a viable solution fairly soon
Message 14 of 23
Jlologin
Aspirant

Also going through this. App can’t find anything since May 6. Rebooted and reloaded everything I can think of.
Message 15 of 23
Cleveland_Jimmy
Initiate

Add me to the list of (frustrated) users who can no longer manage their Orbi.

1. Orbi App on iPhone ::FAIL
  2. Orbi App on Android ::FAIL
  3. Insight App  ::FAIL
  4. routerlogin.net  ::FAIL
  5. orbilogin.com ::FAIL
  6. IP  ::FAIL

Based on comments in a number of other threads, I did not bother trying a factory reset.

Message 16 of 23
Texas_OrbiUser
Initiate

Anybody got a resolution for this issue yet?

Message 17 of 23
CrimpOn
Guru

A bunch of people have volunteered to have a patch downloaded to their systems overnight.  (read previous posts)

Otherwise, a "fix for all" is expected within a few days.

Message 18 of 23
mhickok
Initiate

There are
Multiple threads about this issue. What previous post can you point us to?
Message 19 of 23
Texas_OrbiUser
Initiate

Just on the phone with their customer support and suggested firmware update, and they charged me $99.99 for that.  Very expensive firmware update, especially when it should be just automatic update as others do.

Message 20 of 23
CrimpOn
Guru

@mhickok wrote:
There are
Multiple threads about this issue. What previous post can you point us to?

This one talks about volunteering:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR850-We-can-t-find-your-Orbi/m-p/2225144#M5090 

Message 21 of 23
CrimpOn
Guru

@Texas_OrbiUser wrote:

Just on the phone with their customer support and suggested firmware update, and they charged me $99.99 for that.  Very expensive firmware update, especially when it should be just automatic update as others do.

That answer is incorrect. They should be ashamed and return your money.

Message 22 of 23
jonuman
Initiate

Been having problems “forever” with both Oribi and Nighthawk apps . Unable to connect !!

not good . Will be looking for another brand . Endless problems . Not happy 

Message 23 of 23
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7