Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi device is offline, cant access from Orbi app, but internet is working

Roasty
Aspirant

Orbi device is offline, cant access from Orbi app, but internet is working

hi guys, need some help!

my setup is as follows:

modem -> asus router -> network switches -> Orbi router (in AP/bridge mode) -> Orbi Satellite

latest firmware

latest android app

Orbi router is in AP/bridged mode, static ip assigned to it. 

asus router is on wireless network 1

wireless network 2 was made on the orbi router

internet is working fine on both networks

when i connect to wireless network 2, i can login to the Orbi using orbilogin.net. it shows the orbi router and its satellite, with good connection.

but when i try to look at wireless network 2 using my android app, it says my Orbi device is offline

i was previously able to access the device using my android app and it showed up everything fine until recently.

now i can no longer access it through the android app.

any ideas?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi device is offline, cant access from Orbi app, but internet is working

If the browser has everything showing as it should, i'd trust in the browser. I personally don't use the app much because of errors like this that crop up. You can still use your phone but just use the browser to access it. 

Message 2 of 4
Roasty
Aspirant

Yes, I was contemplating just leaving it alone. Unfortunately the OCD in me is going completely crazy...

I only just got everything setup a day ago and everything was working perfectly and enjoying using the app, and looking at signal strength etc etc u know all the geeky stuff.

I don't know if i can let it rest.. Ha ha ha.. Sigh..
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Well, you could try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. If everythings working and the browser is showing everything, it tends to be an app issue. Maybe the uninstall/reinstall will fix it. Mabye it's an app issue and the next update fixes it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7