Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi firmware updated and won't reconnect to wifi

ESwift
Aspirant

Orbi firmware updated and won't reconnect to wifi

I recently updated firmware and Orbi no longer connects to wifi. I tried to login but Orbi app password won't connect - keep getting error messages - "wrong password". I tried deleting and adding app several times. Disconnected the orbis and rebooted wifi router several times. When I use the Orbi app "reset password" option - I get the "404 not found" page. Very frustrating!

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ESwift, 

Welcome to the community! Are you able to log into the Orbi admin page using a web browser and visiting orbilogin.net? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
ESwift
Aspirant

Once I get to the Orbi admin login, I am not able to proceed. I have tried using the "forgot password?" option but it does not navigate to another means to reset password - I only get the "404 not found" error window. I did login in to my netgear account to try and connect using my Netgear user name and password. I am able to scan the QR code and go back through the setup until I get to the Orbi admin login page and am not able to get any further than that step. 

Thanks for the assistance in addressing this issue!

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ESwift, 

May you factory reset your router by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds. After doing so, you will need to go trough the setup assistant again and you may do so using the Orbi app.

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
OrbiLove
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues, what is the best way to get into the anywhere access via  a web page? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7