Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi iOS App / Amazon Login

ColC
Tutor

Orbi iOS App / Amazon Login

After upgrading Orbi WiFi System App to 2.5.0.45, I can no longer use amazon login to register alexa for RBS40V to enable Alexa.

I already had one RBS40V configured prior to adding the a new one to expand my wifi footprint, and when I attempted to add the new RBS40V, I get error "Amazon login timeout, please try again."

However, I can see in my amazon accounts that Netgear Orbi is authorized, and in Alexa app, under devices, I can see that both my Orbi Voice satellites are added. Both devices in Alexa show that they are offline.

I have updated all firmware, on all devices.... No luck.

I removed the original RBS40V that was working in an attempt to reregister both devices, and now I cannot re-add that one. Oh My...

I did factory reset on all devices, removed devices from alexa and orbi app from amazon login, and started from scratch. Again, no luck.

Now I have two smart speakers that are not so smart. This all started after the Orbi App update to 2.5.0.45, and I cannot downgrade the iOS app to verify if this is a bug.

Thanks for any tips or advise.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
ColC
Tutor

Yes. I was able to figure out the issue. For me, I just removed the amazon app and reinstalled it. Then I was able to use the orbi app to register my RBS40v satellite speakers with Alexa.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ColC, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 10
SebastianM
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue! I just purchased and set up my Orbi Voice yesterday. Was there a work around to get it to work?
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 10
ColC
Tutor

Yes. I was able to figure out the issue. For me, I just removed the amazon app and reinstalled it. Then I was able to use the orbi app to register my RBS40v satellite speakers with Alexa.

Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 10
mhcampbell1
Aspirant

When you say you deleted the amazon app - do you mean the Alexia App?

Message 5 of 10
mhcampbell1
Aspirant

I too am having the problem ... so frustrating. I did delete the Alexa App and still have the same issue unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 10
SebastianM
Initiate

I called customer service and what finally did the trick was really simple. Just uninstall the amazon and Alexa apps from your phone. Then register your Orbi voice with the app. Instead of trying to sign into amazon through the app, the system logs you in through the website. Connected instantly. Then reinstall the Alexa and amazon apps.
Message 7 of 10
ColC
Tutor

Not Alexa app, amazon app. Reason being, you are using amazon login, so the amazon app is doing the authentication between Netgear and Alexa.
Message 8 of 10
mhcampbell1
Aspirant

That worked !!! thank you !!

Message 9 of 10
68Phyfe
Initiate

ORBI Amazon Login Timeout

Brilliant!  I have been working on this for 3.5 hrs (including online with tech sport).  We tried everything.  Including resyncing the router and satellite, deleting Orbi and Alexa apps, etc.  Your solution worked in 5 minutes!  THANK YOU!!!

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7