Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi iOS Remote Management

Romitelli1
Aspirant

Orbi iOS Remote Management

Orbi Remote Managment isn’t working on my Orbi iOS app. I can connect locally. When I tried to toggle on the enable remote management in the settings on the orbi app I get an error saying something went wrong. I see everyone saying to fix remote management they need to disable and enable but again I can’t toggle it on to begin with. Any suggestions on fixing this?!?!
Message 1 of 13
Scholver63
Aspirant

Orbi iOS Remote Management isn't working from outside,
can't save Remote option in Settings

same issue here; Orbi Remote Managment isn’t working on my Orbi iOS app. I can connect locally. When I tried to toggle on the enable remote management in the settings on the orbi app I get an error saying something went wrong.
I see everyone saying to fix remote management they need to disable and enable but again I can’t toggle it on to begin with. Any suggestions on fixing this?!?!
Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 2 of 13
Tindo
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. It was working fine unit sometime in November last year. No make what we try it says something went wrong. Version number is 2.5.0.108 (the latest).

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 3 of 13
chirayudave
Guide

Orbi App remote management just doesn't work. It doesn't toggle at all. 

Netgear needs to work on making things easier and not frustratingly difficult. 

Message 4 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chirayudave, 

Is you Orbi router in access point mode? Have you tried reinstalling the app? May you also provide the following info as it'll help us understand more: 

iOS App Version: 

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version: 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 5 of 13
chirayudave
Guide

Orbi Pro Router SRR60 which is connected through wire to multiple devices. I also have its satellite. 

SRR60 Firmware Version 2.5.1.106

iOS App version Orbi = 2.4.18.6

I also tried resetting entire Wifi network and re-installing App few times as well. 

This was working perfectly fine few days ago. What baffles me is that - why all of a sudden change in app or firmware? 

Please let me know if you need more info. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chirayudave, 

Thanks for getting back. May you try reverting to the previous FW version on your Orbi units to see if there are any improvements. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 7 of 13
chirayudave
Guide

Thanks Christian. 

How would I roll back the FW?

Message 8 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

chirayudave, 

Please refer to the KB article linked below. I have also included the previous firmware version below. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

https://kb.netgear.com/000061538/SRR60-Firmware-Version-2-5-0-108

Christian 

Message 9 of 13
chirayudave
Guide

Thank you.

Personally, the purpose of me moving to Netgear and away from Linksys devices was FW rolling back. Linksys had this problem of devices not working due to firmware updates. Also, best part was with Orbi app was remote management with robust and uninterupted WiFi. 

I would say that Netgear has caught up with Linksys! 🙂

Also, I am seriously considering to get AX6000 and that way i can manage through Orbi App. Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Message 10 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

chirayudave, 

I would highly recommend our Orbi AX system! I would also suggest posting some questions you may have about the Orbi AX systems in our Orbi AX boards. We got plenty of users who can provide their experience on the system 🙂 

Best,

Christian 

Message 11 of 13
gdf1960
Aspirant

The app is unreliable and has become a nuisance.  NETGEAR should not include endorsements in their products that are of poor quality and lack sufficient customer support.

Message 12 of 13
FarmerBob1
Luminary

I could turn on Remote Management in the ORBI App, but it did nothing in the RBR850. But if I turn it on in the RBR also, then it works great.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7