Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi iOS app issue

pablohoney
Luminary

Orbi iOS app issue

Why does my Orbi app connect to remote access when I’m at home as opposed to connecting to the local network? Local access is enabled in the settings for the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail and my app is on the latest update.
Message 2 of 14

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 14

All Replies
pablohoney
Luminary

Orbi iOS app issue

Why does my Orbi app connect to remote access when I’m at home as opposed to connecting to the local network? Local access is enabled in the settings for the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail and my app is on the latest update.
Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of Orbi app do you have installed? Should be v2.16.0.286 for iOS.

Message 3 of 14
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @pablohoney ,

We have seen a small handful of similar reports. Can you please provide an answer to the following questions so we can continue to isolate the potential issue:

If you haven't submitted an instabug please do so and let me know and I'll notify engineering promptly.

I look forward to your response.

Best,

Christine

Message 4 of 14
pablohoney
Luminary

Hi,

It’s a RBR50 and 3 RBS50 satellites. No, my ISP router is bridged so the RBR50 is in router mode. Instabug reported. This is a recent bug and I am on the latest Orbi iOS app and latest firmware update. Both the cloud router and the local router are visible but when I select the local router it says it cannot be found. Previously what was happening with the Orbi app was that when I would first open it up it would default to the cloud router and it would allow me to select the local router but not anymore. It was working fine a few months ago but I’m not sure when this bug first started.
Message 5 of 14
DarrylMarc
Aspirant

ios 15.4.1

Orbi firmware 2.7.3.22

App version 2.16.0.296

Serial Number: 5M218A5G13730

Model : RBR50

This week the app states unable to connect to router reconnect.

My phone is connected to the network via wifi and all appears to be working.

Network map in the orbo app shows router dot grayed out but three satellites all green

Unable to connect to the router vis desktop. Have rebooted router serveral times but app still states unable to connect to router.

Any help greatly appreciated

Message 6 of 14
pablohoney
Luminary

I’ve found what causes the issue - if you have “Limit IP Address Tracking” turned on in wifi settings you will not be able to access the Orbi app locally.
Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Also the new version of iOS app should help resolve some issues seen. 

Message 8 of 14
DarrylMarc
Aspirant

Not seen another update released since 2.16.0.296 on April 15th

Message 9 of 14
pablohoney
Luminary

I got an email from support- a fix should be implemented in the next firmware update for the router.
Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 14
Alok_Gupta_MN
Aspirant

Thank you1 this solved my issue with the app that it was not detecting the router.  Not sure why the customer service cannot find these simple solutions.  

Message 12 of 14
pablohoney
Luminary

Issue now fixed with the latest iOS Orbi app update. Limit IP address tracking can be left on and the Orbi app will connect locally to the router.
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements