Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi mobile app can not see satelites

hcch
Aspirant

Orbi mobile app can not see satelites

Since a few days ago I realized inside the app that it can only "see" the router and not the satelites, I did a downgrade of latest firmawe and then re update to the latest one, but is the same.

But all the devices along my home wifi are working fine, I can see them all quite well also inside the orbi admin via PC I can see the devices but not the satelites, I know they are working fine because I live in a 3 level house so I have 1 on each level being the top one were the router is connected to the IPS router that is in bridge mode, so I can get wifi as usual.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi mobile app can not see satelites

Hello hcch,

May you reinstall the Orbi app and check to see if that helps.

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
hcch
Aspirant

Thanks for you kind replay, yes I did erase and re install the app on 2 different devices and nothing changes.

Message 3 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hcch,

I'd like to look into this further. May you provide the following info.

Orbi Model:

Orbi Firmware Version:

Orbi App Version: (please also specify if it's iOS or Android)

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 7
hcch
Aspirant

Thanks

Orbi model is the RBK43 that makes the router the RBR40 and the satelites RBS20

The firmware versions for the 3 devices is the same 2.6.2.104

Orbi app version in android device is 2.8.6.1417 apple orbi app is the latest one but I do not have that device here with me to confirm the version number.

many thanks

Message 5 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hcch,

Thanks for confirming. May you power cycle your Orbi system and let me know if that resolves your issue.

Christian 

Message 6 of 7
hcch
Aspirant

Hi, by power cycle you mean going off and on again? 

I have done several restarts via de app, also I have unpluged and replug all the devices (router and satelites).

With the same result as today.

The only thing I have not done yet is the full reset of the router, mainly because I am not sure if after that the system will be able to detect them. As told in the first post I can see them (on the orbi admin via ip adress on the browser) and everyting is connected to them.

Sadly there is not under warranty anymore, and besides that I am having some touble with my remote access of my synology NAS and I will bet is the orbi. =(

Thanks again for your kind support. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7