Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi not found after firmware update

spitzer21
Initiate

Orbi not found after firmware update

Updated Orbi SRR60 to new firmware version this morning and now the app will not connect.  The WIFI is still working but the app is not.  

I have done the following:

-set up as new

-uninstalled/ reinstalled the app

-rebooted modem and router

-disconnected from power and all wired devices, waited 10 minutes and rebooted modem and router

-made sure local network enabled

-disconnected from cellular 

-disconnected from wifi and reconnected

-tried connecting to anywhere but it showed router disconnected then I accidently removed it so I can no longer see it this way

-resynced router

*connected to iphone XS MAX and worked until firmware update this morning and nothing has changed on phone since firmware update, worked fine before update

Orbi Model: SRR60 (1 satellite)

Orbi Firmware Version: V2.6.0.108

iOS 14.3 installed: (yes/no) Yes

Local Network Access enabled: (yes/no) Yes

Do you have the Nighthawk app installed on your iOS device: (yes/no) No

Help!

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Salix57
Aspirant

I reported the problem to Netgear support and got this reply back today

"With the new Firmware, the Orbi pro can no longer be managed by the Orbi app.

From here you have 2 solutions:
1) you can downgrade the devices (Orbi router and satellites) to firmware 2.5.5.100 (and disable auto-update) so you can continue to manage your devices with the orbi app
2) you can download the app "Netgear insight" and manage your devices within this app. But please be aware that the basic plan (which is free) will disappear from March this year. So from March, you'll have to go to insight paid plan (at least premium: 9.99€ per year per device)"

Hmmmmm.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 15

All Replies
Skwirley
Tutor

Having same issue.  I'm thinking it's a bug/glitch on the orbi app.  My system is up and running as well just can't get into the app.  

If anyone else knows if this is a bug please post

Message 2 of 15
Samjoe
Initiate

I am having the same issue, tried everything as mentioned above, any help?

Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 3 of 15
bdemmert
Tutor

I have the exact same problem!  Must be a bug in the software download, I have tried everything to connect the app without success.  Fortunately, everything else is working.

Message 4 of 15
Salix57
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. 

/K

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 5 of 15
Skwirley
Tutor

Still having this same issue as everybody else.  Still no word from Netgear if it is a bug on their end.  And still no word from anyone one on if they have found a fix.

Netgear please respond so I can stop worrying about the app

Message 6 of 15
Salix57
Aspirant

I reported the problem to Netgear support and got this reply back today

"With the new Firmware, the Orbi pro can no longer be managed by the Orbi app.

From here you have 2 solutions:
1) you can downgrade the devices (Orbi router and satellites) to firmware 2.5.5.100 (and disable auto-update) so you can continue to manage your devices with the orbi app
2) you can download the app "Netgear insight" and manage your devices within this app. But please be aware that the basic plan (which is free) will disappear from March this year. So from March, you'll have to go to insight paid plan (at least premium: 9.99€ per year per device)"

Hmmmmm.

Message 7 of 15
spitzer21
Initiate

Thank you for the update.
Although their response is extremely upsetting and irritating
Message 8 of 15
bdemmert
Tutor

Apparently, Netgear does not value their Orbi Pro customers.  Why would they put out a software update that incapacitates the Orbi app?  It makes no sense and will cause a lot of aggravation and inconvenience for their customers.  What next, a software update that will disable the satellite?

Message 9 of 15
Samjoe
Initiate

The thing is I just bought 2 new satellites. If I knew they were going to do this I would have chosen for another system.
Message 10 of 15
frustraorbiuser
Aspirant

01/19/21 1:08PM PT    I appreciate your reply. I am so frustrated with my RBR750 WIFI 6 Orbi/Netgear system. How do I downgrade to firmware before update done yesterday? I knew I shouldn't have updated.

This system sucks. I would not recommend to anyone. It has so many issues, expensive, barely improved wifi and none of the parental controls as advertised. Customer service is not helpful and the system doesn't work well with Chromebooks. 

How do I downgrade to firmware before update done yesterday?

I'll be returning my unit to costco. lesson learned.

Message 11 of 15
dom68
Aspirant

Hi, since the 2.6.0.108 firmware my satelites link status has dropped from good to fair. iI was hoping a firmware upgrade would make the link stronger, not worse.  😞

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 12 of 15
Sak123
Aspirant

I am having the same issue set up new network seemed to be ok got a message to update firmware and soon as I did that I could not connect. This is BS. Retuning product today and getring Google's
Message 13 of 15
frustraorbiuser
Aspirant

I am following this discussion but I do not have a pro system. I had problems after the update and it required a call to Netgear for assistance with my RBS750 WiFi6 (Purchased at Costco) set up. I was unable to connect to the system via the app and completely blocked from logging into the router URL too! (They were able to fix this but I still don't know why it happened or how they resoved it)

I had to restart the system completely and they checked settings. At the end of the discussion I was told that the WIFI6 system requires "special attention" because of its new technology.

In summary, they are still working out the bugs and we are guinea pigs and pay the price not only for the very expensive cost of the system and also with our frequent frsutrations. I have spent countless hours "debugging" my set up. The system seems to require frequent restarts. My cable supplied router didn't need as many frequent restarts to work properly.

I would not recommend a WIFI6 system for residential use. I haven't seen much benefit overall. The better internet only happens when my device is connected via ethernet to a satellite. The satellites themselves don't offer much benefit in my home (3000 sq. ft). This system might be justified for me if it cost less than $200. I still haven't returned it because it is never a good time to have no internet at home and requires more hours to set up something new.

My child has lost hours of online schooling and I have spent many hours on the phone with support. The only good thing is is that they are responsive and taking my calls without a support plan because it is WIFI 6. So if you have an issue, call and email them and they seem to be responsive although you will have internet downtime. I receive attention after emailing here...insight-feedback@netgear.com. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Message 14 of 15
Sak123
Aspirant

I talked to customer suport, got transfered twice, no solution and then they just hung up after logging my issue. They gave me this ticket number 

44121903. I re-installed from scratch this morning and had the same issue. I have used the Nighthawk 7000p wireless router and their cable modem and also had some set up frustration. I have thrown in the towel after reading this thread and with my experience.  I just returned the system via Amazon and should be getting the google Nest wifi this evening for about 1/2 the price. So frustrating that Netgear cannot seem to solve these product and customer support issues.
Oh my system is RBK 852 Tri band but I could not find this model in theabove drop down  
Model: SRK60B05|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7