Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi router can’t acces admin or Orbi app

netcora
Tutor

Orbi router can’t acces admin or Orbi app

Hello. I have the AX6000 and it was working fine. I configured the Orbi router as access point because I have an ASUS router that has the control of all the home and it was working fine the orbi router in AP until this week. I tried to enter the iPhone application and I can see the meshes in green but the app it says “We can’t find your router”. I turned off and on everything including my ASUS router and nothing. The strange is if I connect to the wireless access point I created 2 months ago in the Orbi router I have internet also in the meshes if I plug ethernet cables I have internet. Just the router of Orbi can’t have access to the app anymore is in grey and neither I can’t access the admin from the web browser. Is obvious as I have in AP mode I can’t access to 192.168.1.1 because that will drive me to my ASUS router. But in my router ASUS  I checked the MACID of the Orbrouter and is 192.168.1.67 and is there. However if I enter in the browser the 192.168.1.67 does nothing. Very clear also the http://orbilogin.com/ 

it doesn’t work and the iOs app as I said can’t find. What could be the problem? Why can’t access to the admin in the Orbi router in AP mode or access to the iPhone app the router even using the IP assigned by my ASUS router to the ORBI and considering the meshes have internet ethernet and the wireless access point created in the orbi is working and with internet.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi router can’t acces admin or Orbi app

For Apple users, review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Some users have said that a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem during the setup gains acess to the RBR again. Press the reset button for 15 seconds and release and use a wired PC and web browser set to HTTP and 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup wizard.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

For Apple users, review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Some users have said that a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem during the setup gains acess to the RBR again. Press the reset button for 15 seconds and release and use a wired PC and web browser set to HTTP and 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup wizard.

Message 2 of 4
netcora
Tutor

Ok I will reset the orbi router and connect the ethernet to a regular PC and wire the ethernet from the orbi router to the pc only without the ISP modem connection.

Also I need to reset each one of the meshes?

Message 3 of 4
netcora
Tutor

I could install the router it was not so easy. What I did was with the mac id in my router id make a static IP for the Orbi router in the ASUS. Then remove the cable that connects the Orbi router to the router and connect one port of the orbi router to a PC with a ethernet cable. From there I needed to make fatory reset no other way because when I called with the static IP if connected to asus router or even the 192.168.1.1 not connected to the asus the orbi I had errors of connection refused and nothing to do. But after a factory reset and with the cable between the asus router and the orbi router removed, leaving alone the cable connected to the PC the orbi via ethernet there I called the 192.168.1.1 and done from there I could enter the admin I configured everything from zeroes and of course selecting AP Mode to the orbi but after that I connected the cable that connects the orbi and the asus and removed the one to the PC, rebooted everything and now works fine even I can call the admin mode of the Orbi router with the static IP I configured in the ASUS.

I see here is a big bug of netgear and needs to be fixed. Is horrible the mess. iPhone app could not recover this the PC just making a factory horrible considering Netgear name.

Thank you anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7