Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi sattelite keeps showing orange in orbi app

mwpwolfs
Follower

Orbi sattelite keeps showing orange in orbi app

In spite of resetting, reconnecting several times the sattelites keep showing orange lights (poor connection) in the orbi app, even though the distance is not far (1 floor) from the central hub.

How can I fix this, it is extremely frustrating, and I keep losing connection during calls.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi sattelite keeps showing orange in orbi app

@mwpwolfs wrote:

In spite of resetting, reconnecting several times the sattelites keep showing orange lights (poor connection) in the orbi app, even though the distance is not far (1 floor) from the central hub.  How can I fix this, it is extremely frustrating, and I keep losing connection during calls.

Notice in Netgear's explanation of how to place the satellite (at the bottom of the page) where it says when the satellite ring light is amber, you should consider moving the satellite nearer the router.  You also have to take into consideration how many and what type of building structures the WiFi signal must pass through.  I had a satellite that got very poor connection and finally realized that there was an 80 year old brick chimney running up the middle of the house directly between the router and satellite.  Moved the satellite five feet to the side and it connected great.  Floor joists can add up to a lot of wood if the signal must pass through many of them.

Since the satellite is entirely portable, I suggest moving it around to see where it gets a better signal.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7