Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi750 and App

Ryan18
Initiate

Orbi750 and App

Purchased the Orbi 750 router and sattilite, the app would not work on Apple or Samsung phone. I have employed as external tech to visit my home to set up, no luck ($120 wasted) called Netgear customer support, got charged $160 for their assistance, guess what, no change... Product is overhyped and not working, feeling left in the dark with no assistance. Help please
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi750 and App

@Ryan18 wrote:
Purchased the Orbi 750 router and sattilite, the app would not work on Apple or Samsung phone. I have employed as external tech to visit my home to set up, no luck ($120 wasted) called Netgear customer support, got charged $160 for their assistance, guess what, no change... Product is overhyped and not working, feeling left in the dark with no assistance. Help please

Netgear provides 90 days of 'complimentary support' with a new Orbi purchase.  When the product is registered on the Netgear web site,

https://kb.netgear.com/26904/How-do-I-register-a-product-on-MyNETGEAR 

There is a link to Contact Netgear.

During the first 90 days, customers can purchase extended warranty and support.

After 90 days, customers can purchase Netgear's version of Best Buy's Geek Squad, called GearHead:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/Gearhead/subscribe.aspx?_ga=2.100028825.689440782.1623042716-84728... 

None of the support options cost $160, so I have a suspicion that this purchased support was not from Netgear.

An Orbi WiFi system does not have to be set up.  It can be plugged into the modem and used immediately. The WiFi name (SSID) and password are printed on the product label (on the bottom).  Many customers want to change the WiFi name and password. (I always set a new WiFi system to the same SSID/password as the router that is being replaced so that all my WiFi devices will connect automatically. That requires using either (a) the Orbi web interface, or (b) the Orbi "app".

My suggestion is to register the product with Netgear and take advantage of the 90 days of complimentary support. (and post a scathing review of the tech who could not set up a WiFi router.)

Message 2 of 5
Ryan18
Initiate

After 2 further days of phone calls to Netgear support - no fix, no assistance and no free 90 day support. goods purchased within last 10 days.

i have called the retailer that I purchased this 'rubbish' from who have agreed to take back the Orbi units and provide a full refund.

Good riddance to Netgear and Orbi...

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Ryan18, 

I'd like to assist with our support team reaching out to you. If you wish to be contacted, may you send me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
kwaku1331
Aspirant

The free 90 days of support is a joke.  App works one day and then it doesn't.  Why should we pay you for support if you update your app and it breaks.  We currently can't log into the app because it says our device is offline, guess what..I'm connected to the internet now through that device.  So we currently have several devices we turn the internet off to at night and now we can not turn them back on.  Base station power cycled, app deleted and reinstalled, still no hope.  We work in IT and also work on a lot of people's PC's and networks outside of work, and when people come to us asking for recomendations, I can for sure say I will never reccomend Netgear products to anyone.

From the start the RB750 was released with incomplete firmware, missing advertised features and the reliability is worse than other people we know who have mesh networks from their IP.  I should have listened to my gut and returned this thing when I saw the initial issues. Shame on you Netgear!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7