Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin problems

FandF
Tutor

Orbilogin problems

Urgent help needed! It is a crazy situation.  

1. Orbi app straight takes me to an admin login page where it doesn't accept my admin password.  I have the password written down in a file but it doesn't seem to remember it. 

2. In order to retrieve password, it is asking me to go orbilogin.com or orbilogn.net or routerlogin.com etc where the experience is even worse.  It shows a pop-up asking for Circle app to be downloaded and when I press 'X' to dismiss it, it gives me a 400 Bad Request.   Or even the pop-up also doesn't come and it shows 500 Server error.  

3. I have tried using different browsers, cleared the cache etc but the result is the same. 

4. The other suggestions seem too extreme - hard reset etc.  I can't do this and set up the entire network everytime I want to log on to the Orbi App.  The password problem can keep coming back.  

5. Wifi as such is working fine.

Is the above problem because I have Armor installed?  I don't know how to switch that off because I can't get into the app in the first place. 

In today's world, a good hardware product with poor software and app to run it is essentially useless.  I am thinking of returning the RBK53 back to the store as it is less than 30 days since I bought it.  Goodbye Netgear. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbilogin problems

So what FW version do you have loaded?

Use a wired PC and web browser, like IE11, Edge, Firefox or Opera.

Be sure to clear ALL browser caches before starting the following:

Factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. Be sure to write down all important information for safe keeping. 

You can choose not to enable Armor or Circle when the wizard completes. 

Message 2 of 5
FandF
Tutor

Thank you.  I use a Macbook Pro which seems very difficult to connect to Orbi directly (unless I go shopping around for the right cable!).  My question is that why should accessing the Orbi App be so difficult - I can't do a hard reset everytime I want to access it.  

I distinctly remember and have written down the password.  There is no question it is wrong.  I have read other posts which seems to suggest that other people have had similar issues where their passwords have got rejected and they can't access orbilogin.com. 

How can it be so cumbersome?  As a one-time, I could possibly do it.  But what if I have to do it each time I access their app. 

Best may be to just return it and migrate to something else?

Message 3 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

@FandF wrote:

I distinctly remember and have written down the password.  There is no question it is wrong.  I have read other posts which seems to suggest that other people have had similar issues where their passwords have got rejected and they can't access orbilogin.com. 

How can it be so cumbersome?  As a one-time, I could possibly do it.  But what if I have to do it each time I access their app. 

Make sure you are using your Orbi system "admin" login's password, which is distinct from other passwords like this community forum site.  Your system may have gotten reset, which is bad and needs to be investigated first.  It is certainly not normal behavior so until you know more you don't need to assume that it will affect you every time you need to access your Orbi admin website.

Message 4 of 5
Whippitm
Aspirant

My router wasn’t on the drop down list it’s an Orbi Pro Router SRR60. I am having the same problem and error messages as noted above. I ended up doing a hard reset and I still can’t login in as admin. I tried the admin login I originally created, the factory “password” to no avail.

How do I login as admin if I have factory reset it already abd the default password doesn’t work.
Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7