Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin shows 53 devices; ios app shows zero

RWBramel
Tutor

Orbilogin shows 53 devices; ios app shows zero

Right now I'm looking at my mesh system using the browser app and all 53 devices and 2 satellites show up. All connections are good and backhaul status is good. HOWEVER, the iOS app on my phone and on my ipad both show ZERO devices.

This appears to be a problem that continues despite firmware upgrades.

I've rebooted the router; I've tossed the iOS preferences, I've rebooted the ipad -- nothing changes.

Previous discussions have said V2.5.1.8 fixed the problem; apparently this is still not fixed. I have the latest V2.5.1.8. My  ipad and iphone are running the latest iOS.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbilogin shows 53 devices; ios app shows zero

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? I know there was issues with a verison of the app not showing any devices. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling? I know there was issues with a verison of the app not showing any devices. 

Message 2 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Thanks, your suggestion worked. A bit of a pain, but nice to have ipad and iphone able to see the system again.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

a bit of the pain but I'm glad it worked for you!

Message 4 of 8
sordidloam
Aspirant

Didn't work for me unfortunately. 

I have the RBK752 and running latest iOS, firmware and app version (2.5.1.2).  Deleted the app, redownloaded, still no devices showing on the app.  Any other suggestions?

Also tried:

Rebooting AP and Sat.  

Message 5 of 8
RWBramel
Tutor

Ooops! I responded too soon! Yes, reinstalling the iOS software worked for a while on my ipad, and later I tried to fix my iphone software by reinstalling that software.

Rsult: reinstalling on the iphone did not work (No devices found) and when I logged in again on the iPad, now it has resumed showing "no devices found". This has happened in less than 24 hours.

First of all, the fact that it happened on both devices means it is not just a random device error. Second, the fact that restored software fails so quickly again means there is something wrong with Netgear software.

Netgear, if you are listening, you need to know this is a real, continuing problem with the iOS version of your software and you need dig into the problem and fix it! No more thinking this is user error.

Message 6 of 8
Bgkhna
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem..

Orbi CBK40 with RBS20.

Message 7 of 8
simonmann
Guide

I resolved the issue by manually upgrading the firmware on both router and satellite to the latest firmware version 2.5.1.16 via orbilogin.com.

I had to download the two separate firmware files first
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7