Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orib app has old email and phone info, unable to verify login

BassPlayer
Aspirant

Orib app has old email and phone info, unable to verify login

Changed my email awhile ago and logged into the the netgear site to change it. It currently is correct. Recently I had to replace my phone. When I got the new phone I did a fresh install as suggest by my company and did not transfer the app data.

When I tried to use the orbi app it does not send push notifications to my current phone to verify logins and when I try another verification method the email listed is my old email which does not work. Is there a device registration page so I can register my new phone?

And Yes I've rinstalled the app after uninstalling an wiping all the related directories on my phone

When I goto the support page I don't see a number to call or an email address.  Looking at their support site it seems the only way I can contact support is to buy an $89 support contract which is lame since all I want them to do is sync my account info which should happen for free.

Epic fail Netgear, if you are going to force us to use accounts in the cloud please provide us with a means reset the device data or better yet read the information from your site correctly. My account is there and I have the correct email configured and can login via the web. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BassPlayer, 

Would you mind sending me a private message with your email address and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
tktul
Aspirant

Hi - I have this same problem (Orbi app wants to send the verification email to my old email address that I no longer have acces to) and am similarly frustrated by the lack of a support contact on the netgear website to resolve this.  

Can you help me as well?

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tktul,

Certainly! Please send me a private message with your old/new email address along with your serial number. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7