Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls for Orbi 90 RBR350- HELP!

ClancyS
Aspirant

Parental Controls for Orbi 90 RBR350- HELP!

Can anybody advise me on why I can see Parental Controls in the Orbi App? I even download My Time App but it says I have to open the parental controls on the Orbi App! I'm going around in circles and my kids are gaming at 3am! So Im very frustrated if you can't tell...:) 

Message 1 of 5

Re: Parental Controls for Orbi 90 RBR350- HELP!

Is this missing a not?

@ClancyS wrote:

Can anybody advise me on why I can see Parental Controls in the Orbi App?

Which Orb i app is this?Android? iOS?

What is the firmware on your RBR350?

There are several places where you can seek help in this community. Sadly, in going for SMART Wi-Fi, General and Legacy Routers you picked one where next to no one will have much information.

The best place to start might be here:

NETGEAR Smart Home Parental Controls - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 5
ClancyS
Aspirant

Which Orb i app is this?Android? iOS? The app is on IOS, could that be why I cant see parental controls?  

What is the firmware on your RBR350? I don't know how do I get this info? 

Ok I'll also post to the other community thanks! 

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@ClancyS wrote:

Which Orb i app is this?Android? iOS? The app is on IOS, could that be why I cant see parental controls?  

What is the firmware on your RBR350? I don't know how do I get this info? 

Ok I'll also post to the other community thanks! 

If using the Orbi app, press on the menu in the upper left corner of the screen, then select Settings.and then Router Settings.

The firmware release number is just above the serial number.

For a long time, I did not realize that the app screen had more "panels" than would fit on one screen.  Scrolling (up? down?) brings up the rest of them.  Maybe on your app the Parental Controls are "down below"?

When companies package WiFi systems for home use, they want to prevent customers who live close to each other from having the same default WiFi name (SSID).  Netgear names each system with the letters "ORBI" plus a two digit number (in your case "90").  Since I have had WiFi for 20 years or so, I always give each new WiFi system exactly the same SSID & password as the system that is being replaced.  This saves me some effort because:

• Every WiFi device immediately connects to the new system without me having to set it up again, and
  • If I decide to "go back" (maybe the new one is a dud), when the old router starts up, all the devices connect to it immediately.
Message 4 of 5
ClancyS
Aspirant

I tried scrolling up and down no parental controls to be seen 😞

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7