Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental controls and Armor subscriptions - Orbi

nzed
Aspirant

Parental controls and Armor subscriptions - Orbi

Hi

I've upgraded my Orbi RBK853 to the latest firmware which allows parental controls.

I have tried subscribing to both parental controls and Armor using the Orbi app but each time I get a message saying:

"New plan does not have a rate schedule with a currency matching the account's currency"

I can enter payment details but can't press the "Place Your Order" button because I cannot check the "agree to the terms and conditions" button. 

I am located in New Zealand.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Ed

Message 1 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls and Armor subscriptions - Orbi

Hi @nzed

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please ensure that the Country field set to New Zealand in either the Orbi App or MyNETGEAR profile page. 
The email address used in the Orbi app must be the same as the SSO where the product is registered. 

Kindly send me a private message with the device serial number and email address, 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @nzed

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 8
nzed
Aspirant

Hi Blanca

I've had no luck with Netgear phone/online support so hopefully you can help - I keep getting transferred from one person to another who has no idea how to resolve the issue.

The country field in my account is set to New Zealand - I just cannot get past the payment page using Paypal or credit card. It's so frustrating as I know parental controls is available in New Zealand but the Netgear support person said it might not be available. I know it is as I've been trialling it for a month.

Hopefully you can help.

Thanks 

Message 4 of 8
nukacola
Initiate

I am having exactly the same issue, I am in the USA, account and Evrything is setup to USA, paying with US card and keeps giving me the same error you get. Support isn’t helping either via phone or chat.
Message 5 of 8
nzed
Aspirant

It's a shame really. The product works well but we can't pay for it.

One thing you should check - I've noticed on my credit card statement that Netgear has deducted 1 cent from my credit card each time I try (unsuccessfully) to buy a subscription. Of course, I didn't know this as I continually tried to buy the subscription. Although it's not a lot in the scheme of things, imagine how much they're collecting if this is a widespread issue.

I had the issue with Armor (Bit Defender) as well. But someone must've changed the link after I raised it and it took me outside the app to a website to purchase the subscription.

What Netgear needs to do is allow us to buy our parental control subscription through the MyNetgear website.

Can anyone else recommend a decent router side parental control program that works similar to the Netgear one - if Netgear doesn't want my fees, I'm happy to pay another company that has a working product.

Message 6 of 8
Ramaniqbal
Aspirant

I’’ Ali having the same issue on my RBKE852 setup
Does anyone have luck buying parent control ?
Message 7 of 8
nzed
Aspirant

I got so fed up with this that I emailed the CEO direct. Within 12 hours my problem was solved. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7