Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RB50 "No Connected Device Found"??

BrooklynOrbi
Aspirant

RB50 "No Connected Device Found"??

I recently updated the firmware of my Orbi RB50 system. Now, in the Orbi App, when I go to the Network Map and click on the RB50 or one of the satellites to see which of my devices are connected to which Orbi unit, I  see only "No Connected Device Found." This is despite the fact that the Devce Manager confirms that 17 devices are connected. Any idea what is going on and how to remedy?

I tried going to orbilogin on my desktop and was unable to access that at all - all I get is thisand someinstructions that are ineffectual:

Looks like you’re not connected to your Orbi’s WiFi network. 

Message 1 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BrooklynOrbi, 

I would recommend performing a factory reset on the Orbi units and running through the setup assistant. May you also let us know the current version your Orbi units are on along with the current app version and if it's iOS or Android. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 34
Nezmo
Aspirant

Is there really no alternative to a factory reset?

I have just updated the firmware on my RBR50 and RBS50 to V2.5.1.8.  It wasn't without issues as the satellite at first was stuck on flashing white forever.  I eventually got it all running again and the Web interface shows my devices and which Orbi device they are connected to.  From that angle all looks okay.  But in the iOS Orbi app (v2.4.21.5) I now get the same as the original poster (everything was fine before this FW upgrade).

Note that I CAN see connected devices in the app under Device Manager but instead of 'Router' or 'Satellite' under each devices it says 'Unknown.'  Again, the Web interface does show to which device each is connected.

With 150+ devices and ~100 connected at any one time I am reluctant to factory reset.

Message 3 of 34
RoboPapa
Guide

I have tried on a second occasion to upgrade both router and satellite to v2.5.1.8 firmware but still getting 'No Devices Found' on latest IOS ORBI App.

This time I did a Full Factory Reset and Setup as new but still no good.

I have reverted both devices back to firmware v2.3.5.34 again and all devices are detected in IOS App again and all is good.

So Still waiting for a fix from Netgear. Had this problem for months now!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 34
Nezmo
Aspirant

Thanks for posting your experience.  As I suspected, a factory reset is not the solution here.

Message 5 of 34
Ben-Tanon
Aspirant

Hi sir , I have same problem so could you please explain how to downgrade firmware to solve problem.

Thank you so much
Message 6 of 34
RoboPapa
Guide

Download V2.3.5.34 firmware from this link, unzip the files and perform a manual firmware update to RBR50 first and then RBS50.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061420/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-3-5-34-Hot-Fix

Log on to RBR50 Router via web browser and go to Advanced, Administration, Firmware Update. Select Manual Update and browse for the file 'RBR50-V2.3.5.34.img' and select Upload.

When the Router firmware update has completed, Log on to RBS50 Satellite via web browser. Select Fimware Update and browse for the file 'RBS50-V2.3.5.34.img' and select Upload.

Applying version 2.3.5.34 fixed all my problems with all devices now appearing correctly in the IOS Orbi App.

Hopefully, Netgear will eventually publish a new firmware that works! But don't hold your breath!

Message 7 of 34
HookCpt
Initiate

Thanks for posting all of this... My fear in installing an older firmware is that it might lack virus (not coronavirus) protections or might not have the latest protections against hackers... How concerned do I need to be on that topic vs. being able to see my devices on certain routers or satellites? Seems I could live with that problem until a firmware fix comes? But this post perfectly describes my problems, too - just weighing safety vs. comfort...
Message 8 of 34
arthur-m
Tutor

Same issues here. Would consider downgrading to get back access in App. However, I may no longer open the Orbilogin page without it looking broken, so cannot access firmware page to try. 

Also a bit concerned about a downgrade in possible cybersafety with a downgrade in firmware. 

Functionally, all is still working.

Message 9 of 34
Orbi6
Initiate

Thanks for posting. I am having the EXACT same problem. Though I am able to access the device list via the browser login. Very inconvenient and annoying vs the app. I have been a huge Orbi promoter to this point. Hoping the Netgear team will commit to fixing this bug quickly!
Message 10 of 34
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I am seeing missing satellites about every 10 days with current app and 16 firmware. Satellites are all there in WebUI. Orbi Reboot is the only fix. I can check data going to the app via SOAP and satellites are not in the data the app gets. What other debug information can I provide?  Really annoying problem. 

Message 11 of 34
simonmann
Guide

I also saw no devices listed in the iOS app and resolved the issue by manually upgrading the firmware on the router and satellite to v2.5.1.16 via orbilogin.com. There are two different firmware zip files to download from Netgear support.

Bizarrely the latest iOS app (2.5.1.2) doesn’t seem to know this latest firmware update exists, so you have to use orbilogin.com to get the update done.

Good luck.
Message 12 of 34
Nezmo
Aspirant

Thank you.  That has indeed resolved it.

Per the Release Notes:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the attached device list incomplete issue
Message 13 of 34
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

NOT FIXED!!  Fails with latest app and 2.5.1.16 firmware. 

Scott

@Nezmo wrote:

Thank you.  That has indeed resolved it.

Per the Release Notes:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the attached device list incomplete issue

Message 14 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SLK-Purdue,

May you provide us with the current app version you have installed on your mobile device (iOS or Android)

Christian 

Message 15 of 34
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

2.5.1.2 but pretty sure it is not an app issue. SOAP data from FW 16 is the problem. 

@Christian_R wrote:

@SLK-Purdue,

May you provide us with the current app version you have installed on your mobile device (iOS or Android)

Christian 

Message 16 of 34
simonmann
Guide

The iOS app version I’m using is v2.5.1.2
Sorry to hear if anyone else is still having difficulties with the device listings, having updated the firmware to v2.5.1.16 on both router and satellite, but I’m still not seeing any issues, since my post above, having updated the firmware.
Message 17 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SLK-Purdue, 

We recently released Orbi app version 2.5.2.1. May you reinstall the app and let us know how it turns out. 

Christian 

Message 18 of 34
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

Will do and let you know.

Thanks,

Scott

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi SLK-Purdue, 

We recently released Orbi app version 2.5.2.1. May you reinstall the app and let us know how it turns out. 

Christian 

Message 19 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

No luck here,

Using 2.5.1.8 plus latest app and no device
This is a mess
Message 20 of 34
simonmann
Guide

Download the firmware v2.5.1.16 for both router and satellite from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx#download and update on each device via orbilogin.com
Message 21 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

Well, this would mean downgrade .... I guess it’s strange to fix a problem and put it back ???

My friend got 2.5.1.8 and no problem 😞
Message 22 of 34
simonmann
Guide

v2.5.1.16 Is the latest firmware. Try it.
Message 23 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

Perfect you just saved me !

But I can’t understand .... how can Netgear sell expensive devices, Block support as you need to go trough warranty support And assume the fact their software is
A mess

Why do people have to go trough forums ?? They could just fix this !?

Also why is it possible to block a device via app and impossible to unblock it if it is not connected ?

Same for usb support ..... was able to put a HD with music for steaming on Sonos with old and unexpansive lynksis.... and here no option. 😕

Once again thank you and please at Netgear provide support and correct firmwares !!!
Message 24 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

👍🏻
Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7