Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RB50 "No Connected Device Found"??

bruceko
Aspirant

Same problem. Devices show when I log in through the laptop but not on the app.

The app did show devices once after I rebooted the router

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 26 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

This is stupid but you have to download 2.5.1.16 via support web page (not auto update)

This will fix the problem
Message 27 of 34
bruceko
Aspirant

@Sundreamer wrote:
This is stupid but you have to download 2.5.1.16 via support web page (not auto update)

Thanks,

that fixed it. The router is V2.5.1.16 but the sats are still V2.5.1.8.  Is that a problem?

I restarted one of the sats hoping it would load the new firmware but it did not

@Sundreamer wrote:

Message 28 of 34
simonmann
Guide

Download the latest firmware for the satellite as well, which is a different zip file and install that on the satellite.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 29 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

Yes... logic ! But netgear support for orbi is a disaster ! Got 2 satellites so this very expensive set should get perfect features and support and we are far away
Message 30 of 34
BDK2020
Aspirant

Unfortunately the firmware for the CBR 40 is still at 2.3.5.12. Hopefully a firmware update will be available for this model soon. Until then does anyone know of a way to manage individual devices?
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 31 of 34
JamesCT
Aspirant

The solution that worked for me was to update the firmware on my desktop. I logged into orbilogin.net using the simple username and password located under the bottom of my Orbi router. The password is not in the white boxes, it’s typed in the gray area near the bottom of the label. The website asked me to verify my account with some crazy questions that I did not create. I answered them anyway and it allowed me to reset my password. Once I reset my password and logged in, I went to ADVANCED, then admin, then firmware update and it automatically checked for updates on my router and two satellites. One of my satellites was up to date, but the other two weren’t. After downloading the new firmware I clicked update all. It took all of 10 minutes to do this from beginning to end and everything came back to life.
I think that the app only updates one device and that is what causes this problem, but this is the solution. I got this idea from a previous post, but it left out a few details. My desktop is also hard wire connected to my network. Good luck!
Message 32 of 34
Ebrimasonko114
Aspirant

Hi, I have been having this problem for about 5 months now I couldn’t see the devices connected to my Orbi router I have factory set but still now the same problem, can you please help me?
Message 33 of 34
Sundreamer
Star

Update manually router and satellite

Go on the firmware page of netgear don’t use autoupdate
Message 34 of 34
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7