Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK22 - Multiple Home Support?

OafPokie
Initiate

RBK22 - Multiple Home Support?

I have two homes.  Orbi RBK22 installed and running great in home #1.  Is it possible to set up an RBK22 in home #2 using the same account / app?  It's not obvious in the app how I would do this.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OafPokie, 

Great question! The Orbi app currently does not support the feature of multiple networks on one account. You will need to create a separate account to manage the second network. I would recommend putting this suggestion on our Idea Exchange Board for new ideas to possibly be implemented in the future.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Best,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
OafPokie
Initiate

Thank you for your reply.  It's what I assumed, but wanted to be sure.  I wasted a lot of time in chat support and on the phone with tech support - neither agent knew whether or not what I was trying to do was possible.  Unfortunately, I had to register the new Orbi router in order to contact support, so now I won't be able to use that serial number for the 2nd account I'll have to create. It will be less hassle for me to return the router and get a different brand.  There's no way I'm going to subject myself to Netgear phone support again to get that serial number unlinked from my account.  It's not worth the time and aggravation.  It's really sad, but not a surprise, that bad support is causing the return of a perfectly good piece of hardware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7