Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK854 loses local connection to Orbi App

Blem
Aspirant

RBK854 loses local connection to Orbi App

I’ve had this system for about 2 months and it works great. But lately I have had times when I would try to connect locally to the system on the Orbi app and it won’t connect. I’ve restarted my phone and still won’t work. One time, I did a new system set up and it worked for a week and just now I unplugged router and it worked again. Does anyone know why this happening?
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Thank you.

Message 2 of 11
Blem
Aspirant

Thanks
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try a different device with Orbi app installed on it. 

Factory reset and set up from scratch using a web browser and PC. Be sure to walk thru the setup wizard and complete that. You don't have to reset the RBS or re-add it. I would turn OFF the RBS before you reset the RBR. Use same SSID name and password for the wifi. Once you get it setup again, just turn ON the RBS and it will re-connect. Remove Orbi app from the device then re-install it. 

Hopefully this should clear the Orbi app and should get past this setup that it wants to do.

Message 4 of 11
Blem
Aspirant

Firmware is 3.2.18.1. Modem is an Arriss but I’m out of town so not sure of Model.
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted. 

Message 6 of 11
devidmiller
Aspirant

@Blem wrote:
I’ve had this system for about 2 months and it works great. But lately I have had times when I would try to connect locally to the system on the Orbi app and it won’t connect. I’ve restarted my phone and still won’t work. One time, I did a new system set up check and it worked for a week and just now I unplugged router and it worked again. Does anyone know why this happening?

Hi, Its happened with me too, but i don't know what was the best appropriate solution for it?

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try a full on factory reset of the RBR and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Then connect Orbi app. Be sure to write down important information when walking thru the setup wizard. 

What FW version are you using? 

@devidmiller wrote:

Hi, Its happened with me too, but i don't know what was the best appropriate solution for it?

Message 8 of 11
Blem
Aspirant

I Cannot check on my Orbi app under settings for RBR850 if there is a firmware update available? It says there is an error and to skip or try again. What is the latest firmware version that we should be on and works the best?
Message 9 of 11
Blem
Aspirant

I’m on FW VERSION 4.6.3.16
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats