Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750- Local Connection and Anywhere Acess issues

Jonnybunker
Guide

RBR 750- Local Connection and Anywhere Acess issues

Is anyone else having issues connecting through the Orbi app via local connection or Anywhwrre Access ?

Local- getting logon timeout
Anywhere : Device offline message

I can connect to my RBR50 at my vacation rental just fine

I am able to login using a PC at 192.168.1.1, so I know credentials work

I tired deleting orbi app and reinstalling
I have rebooted the wireless 3x , once from power, 2 x from admin page.

My setup. Comcast xfi complete, Modem, 1000 mbs, RBR750 and 2 RBS750
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Jonnybunker
Guide

Re: RBR 750- Local Connection and Anywhere Acess issues

FML

Put my gateway in Bridge mode , and it fixed the local connection issue immediately with orbi app. Also seems to be running much faster.

I can no longer reboot my modem remotely though as Xfi disables all their features when in Bridge mode but I think being able to remotely manage my router is more important than my modem.

Thanks for everyone’s help

Solution : Do better research originally haha and follow best practice of Orbi recommendations and XFINITY recommendations. Set ISP in Bridge mode and allow Orbi to handle NAT

I feel like I have wasted 20 hours chasing my tail.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you have any MAC Address randomizers disabled on your mobile devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

If you still can't get in, please submit a bug report using the Orbi app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

Message 2 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Submitted a big report just now

Saw the article on private WiFi and tried disabling. I had it working prior with that setting enabled , and tired disabling it on my phone but did not change anything. Would I need to disable that setting on all Apple devices ? Again, it was working in the past with that setting on , on both phones and iPad
Message 3 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Update, had tried doing full reboot of modem and router and satellite per recommended method and couldn’t get orbi to come back online for all devices, phone, or half my IOT.

Ended up doing a factory reset, couldn’t get it to work from orbi app after 3 attempts, finished setup from laptop. Everything is back up and running and connected …. Except access from App, via local or Anywhere.

Continuing to get Timeout / logon failed error

Submitted more tickets to Orbi

Private WiFi, IP tracking and relay all disabled

Help!
Message 4 of 11

@Jonnybunker wrote:

Continuing to get Timeout / logon failed error

I had similar symptoms on a completely different device recently. I unblocked it by disabling Anywhere Access on the app itself when not connected to the local WiFi. In other words, in a place where the mobile could not see the WiFi from the router.

Then when I was back within reach of the WiFi I went in, connected there and re enabled Anywhere Access.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of success, but at least it is another thing to tick off in the list if troubleshooting moves.

Message 5 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Thanks ! I’ll give it a try !

However , I am getting the “Logon Timed Out Error” when I try to login via Local connection or when trying to use Anywhere Access. I am not able to successfully login to either option.

I was able to quickly hit a button to get to the settings mode somehow, so I think I could try that , I’ll try from my wife’s phone too

Thanks for the tips !
Message 6 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Just an update , downloaded the app on my wife’s phone (she didn’t have it installed) set it up and still getting errors:

When admin login screen pops up, same thing password doesn’t do anything, Face ID , doesn’t do anything and logon error

When I try Anywhere Access, it gives me the device not connected message

I’ll try the other suggestion , when away from my network
Message 7 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Shoot, I am not sure if this is causing the issues but in doing additional research I remembered and verified some additional details.

I recently had to switch from my own Arris Modem to the Xfi Gateway due to some issues I was having and with some XFINITY outages. I probably could have factory reset my modem and router but XFINITY was showing issues on their end , and couldn’t get a signal out of 2 separate personal Arris modems. Long story short it was cheaper to switch to Xfi Complete using their Gateway and the tech onsite was able to prove their gateway worked and my modems weren’t on that day.

Model: TG4482a
Revision 10
Firmware TG4482PC2_5.8p11s6_PROD_sey

Long story short , I still have my Xfi Gateway setup in its original mode with the WiFi enabled. So i have my Orbi RBR plugged directly into , but the gateway is broadcasting its own WiFi as well as my Orbi.

I know this isn’t recommended , but having no other issues currently besides inability to connect via Orbi App or Anywhere app.

Related or not ?
Message 8 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

FML

Put my gateway in Bridge mode , and it fixed the local connection issue immediately with orbi app. Also seems to be running much faster.

I can no longer reboot my modem remotely though as Xfi disables all their features when in Bridge mode but I think being able to remotely manage my router is more important than my modem.

Thanks for everyone’s help

Solution : Do better research originally haha and follow best practice of Orbi recommendations and XFINITY recommendations. Set ISP in Bridge mode and allow Orbi to handle NAT

I feel like I have wasted 20 hours chasing my tail.
Message 9 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Well somewhat back to square one.

Had to do another reboot as I was fixing a smart outlet installation. When the router came back up the logon timeout message came back and the inability to connect to Anywhere access.

Tried deleting App , it feels as if something is getting stuck in a reboot , not sure if there are any other tips.

I think factory reset is the only fix I can do so far
Message 10 of 11
Jonnybunker
Guide

Hey Furry38, do you know if there is a way to disable Netgear Armor from 192.168.1.1 Admin page on a computer, from Netgear.com or from Armor.netgear.com? I don't have access still and wondering if that is the probelm.

I can always do a full factory reset again, and try disabling it, but don't have time to do that right now, my wife might kill me

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7